ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-13-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Peppino is on a distinguished road
Default Tracked Variables, Time in System usage

Hallo, i want to use the tracked variable "time in system" to determine the throughput time of flow items in a system.
What happens with that variable when i use the combiner in join mode?

For example: current time 60

Inputport|Itemtype|creationtime|target quantity
1 | 3 | 30 |
2 | 2 | 20 | 1
3 | 1 | 10 | 1

What is the new creationtime?
Old 06-14-2012
Flexsim User

I add a simple sample model what happend.

In the join Mode the combiner will distroy all other item's what not enter the combiner in inputport 1 and set a piont in the plot time in system.

Not very usefull when you want to calculate the throughput time in a mounting process.

I would rather use a label.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm TIS-Test.fsm (40.4 KB, 117 views)
Old 06-22-2012
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Peppino,

I took a look at your model and it seems, that the time plot creates three entries for every flowitem leaving the conveyor. I guess it also creates the entries for the two destroyed ones, but we need to leave that up to the developers to explain (or fix?).
However, the time in system for the red item leaving the conveyor is the current simulation time minus the creationtime.
The creationtime does not change on the combiner, you can look at it, it you rightclick on an item before and after leaving the combiner to explore its tree you will find a variable stats_creationtime, which tells you the creationtime.
I am not sure if this was, what you were asking for...so let us know.

Good luck!

Ralf
Flexsim Germany
Old 06-25-2012
Flexsim User

Hallo Ralf,

thank's for your response.
My question is resolved. I'm nearly finish with my bachelor thesis, i evaluate my results now.

Maybe we can call on skype again, for a little response.

Greetings
Giuseppe Ruffo
Old 06-26-2012
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

When a combiner does a join, all of the items that "disappear" as part of that join essentially leave the system, so the work in progress and time in system tracked variables track those as such. If you would like to track the "joined" parts as if they did not leave the system, then don't join them but instead pack them. If you would like to implement your own definition of work in progress or time in system, then you can always implement your own tracked variables and do what you want with them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (05-11-2014)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duel Core CPU usage KelvinHo Gripes and Goodies 8 03-09-2010 06:11 AM
Usage of Triggers on Networknodes Sebastian Hemmann Q&A 1 01-16-2010 12:48 PM
How can i get the total time of process in the system wilmermoncada Q&A 3 11-29-2009 01:44 PM
Is the CPU usage depending on run speed? Tom David Q&A 1 07-29-2008 01:25 PM
photo eye usage Martijn van Oostenbrugge Q&A 5 05-07-2008 12:23 PM