ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Tips and Tricks
Downloads

Tips and Tricks Share helpful modeling ideas

Old 04-19-2016
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold
Default SCARA Robot

Hi guys,

I built a little SCARA robot for a project I am going to do. It is far from perfect but I thought I'd share for improvement.
Unzip the attached zip file into FlexSim 16.0.1's libraries folder. It includes the user library, a sample model, and a folder with the media files.

Some comments:
- No GUI, all parameters as labels
- Just one rotation speed for all 3 rotation axis'
- Rotation of z axis depends on zrot of pickup and dropoff objects
- Queues have modified "Stack Base z" and 3D shapes
- Link2 and 3 making the arm are each 200 mm long. The original Epson LS300 links are 225 and 175 mm long. I cheated to simplify geometry
- Warning message when pickup or dropoff exceed arm reach

Have fun and improve where you see need. It is good enough for my project as it is.

Ralf
FlexSim
Attached Files
File Type: zip SCARA.zip (359.0 KB, 1099 views)
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
syseo (04-19-2016)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has anyone made a Delta Arm Robot (Spider Robot)? JMEngelhart Q&A 3 08-05-2013 10:08 PM
Individual Robot Tim Splettstoesser Q&A 4 11-08-2012 10:18 AM
I am looking for the model of transfer from robot to robot... syseo Q&A 0 06-14-2012 08:56 PM
Help with Robot Larry Goins Q&A 2 08-07-2009 12:20 AM
Robot processing Sung Kim Q&A 7 08-27-2008 06:48 AM