ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-13-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Stephanie Giovannini is on a distinguished road
Default Recorder automatic export

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but nothing else seemed to fit...

The model has a number of recorders with user-defined tables. I want the results of each replication to be dumped into csv files at the end of each replication, without the manual process of double-clicking the recorder, choosing View Captured Data and Export.

I don't know which command would do this. I'm guessing exporttable, but I can't find the "table" that the recorder is actually using. I wrote the following, which compiles and runs at the end of replication but does nothing:

exporttable(node("Recorder1", model()), "C:\Proj\recorder1.csv");

What should I be looking at? What command might actually do this?
Old 03-13-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

You were very close. This command should work:

exporttable(node("/Recorder1>variables/graphdata",model()),"C:\Proj\recorder1.csv");

The node parameter of the exporttable function has to be the table node, not the object. The table is one of the variables, so it is under variables in the tree.
Old 03-19-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Stephanie Giovannini is on a distinguished road

No, it didn't work. Still does nothing. I'm using version 3.5, does that matter?
Old 03-19-2008
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Try this:

exporttable(node("/Recorder1>variables/graphdata/1",model()),"C:\\Proj\\recorder1.csv",1,0);

First, the table node itself is actually a subnode of the graphdata node, one for each node recorded by the Recorder, so the node() command needs a /# where # is the row in the table of nodes recorded by the recorder.

Second, the string path in quotes needs \\ instead of \ because '\' is a reserved character in Flexscript and C++.

-Phil

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problem with automatic generation of objects by using a user library and c++ Martin Saler Q&A 17 06-05-2009 09:56 AM
problem of recorder qin tian Q&A 5 09-27-2008 10:42 PM
Display Labels with the Recorder tsconcept Q&A 9 09-26-2007 08:16 AM