ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-23-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future
Default Taskexecuter state "blocked"?

Does anyone know what the state "blocked" for a taskexecuter means?

So far I thought this state only appears if "do not travel offset and block space on network" is activated. But in my case the option is "Travel offsets for load/unload tasks".

There is strange behavior in the model, that the transporter is having the right tasksequence with the right target objects (I checked this in the active tasksequence), but is traveling to another network node in front of another object and gets into the state “blocked”. If I have a look into the active tasksequence he is still in his travel task.
If I delete the connection to this network node the transporter travels to the right network node in front of the right target object. Make the connection new or delete the network node and create it again, does not help.

Maybe someone else had some same behavior and found a solution. Or can tell me what the state blocked for a taskexecuter means.
Thanks in advance for any help and hints.

Sorry, but I can not post the model and maybe it is just something in this specific model. But maybe your hints will already help me to find a solution.
Old 04-23-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough

Is it possible that the object the TE is travelling to is busy and therefore isn't ready to allow the offset travel along the network?
Old 04-23-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a model that shows the normal times when a TaskExecuter goes into a blocked state.

It happens when transportincomplete() or transportoutcomplete() don't return 1. This happens when the upstream or downstream FixedResource are down when the TaskExecuter wants to load or unload from them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip blocked_te.zip (40.0 KB, 261 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (04-26-2009)
Old 05-10-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
FlorianK is on a distinguished road

Hi,

unfortunatly now I have the same problem then Tom David two years ago.

My FixedResources are queues (start points ans destinations). Can anyone give me a hind what else i could look for? The queues are always on and not down.

Greetings,
Florian
Old 03-09-2012
Postdoctoral Researcher

Downloads: 93
Shahin Gelareh is on a distinguished road

In my case, the source which I closed its outputports has already sent an item to a queue and I am going to collect from queue not from that sourc.

i need to avoid that source from generating but I am not directly receiving from it.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
State "Waiting for Operator" (2) Donatus Minio Q&A 1 02-24-2009 05:19 AM
Is it possible one object comprised of the function of "combiner" and "separetor"? Vic Li Q&A 1 08-19-2008 04:41 AM
about "no select" and "show parameter window from side bar" qin tian Gripes and Goodies 3 03-21-2008 08:10 AM
Which variable stores "Properties -> General ->Flags -> Protected" information? KelvinHo Q&A 1 03-06-2008 06:18 AM
"Getting Started" and "Tutorial" models for v4.01 Cliff King Product Announcements 0 12-10-2007 07:34 PM