ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-15-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Katharina Muller is on a distinguished road
Default AGV: wait for work

Hello,

could someone please tell me how to configure the "wait for work" logic correctly for my AGV stations? In the model attached I am trying to do the following:

At Station 1 and 4 I want the AGVs to stop and queue at the station until there is a load to pickup. When I define Waypoints WaitingAtLoading with "Wait for Work" logic: the vehicles stop, but the source does not release any more loads and getting stuck in "waiting for transporter" state. My dispatcher giving it to the closest AGV available, which I suppose would be the one waiting there...

Any suggestions, what I am missing here?

Thanks a lot,
Kat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	stations.png
Views:	450
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	3211  
Attached Files
File Type: fsm test-station-design.fsm (1.49 MB, 438 views)
Old 04-06-2016
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Katharina,
I just posted a new template model and user library that implements basic AGV control through process flow here. My suggestion is to rebuild your model using this new method. You wouldn't need to rebuild the paths or objects, but you would need to remove your old way point logic, and then do the to-do tasks mentioned in the process flow's documentation, and make the proper control point connections.
Regards,
Anthony Johnson
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (04-08-2016)
Old 04-08-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Katharina Muller is on a distinguished road

Thanks a lot Anthony, its okay I haven't worked with Process Flow yet, except the tutorials, but at least gives me the great opportunity to dive straight into it! As my project is pretty large, I also felt the way point logic to be a bit fragmented. I will check it out and get back to you, if I have any further questions.
Warm regards, Katharina

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Make Flexsim wait Jens Mühlheimer Q&A 3 05-21-2012 01:52 AM
Container Terminal Operation - trucks wait area Preethi Sivaramakrishnan Tips and Tricks 7 01-04-2012 11:48 PM
Batching, max wait time Chieng Kai Seng Q&A 27 08-29-2011 10:12 PM
png files on a GUI does not work Steven Hamoen Q&A 3 12-16-2010 01:30 PM
Call Two operators for Repair but wait until both are available Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 6 10-15-2008 01:12 PM