ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-08-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Stephan Seidel will become famous soon enough
Question Stop and reset an animation

Hi,

this may be a bit of a stupid question but I'll ask anyway. I have a queue of operators walking along a network path. Over time a queue builds up and the operators will stop. Now what happens is that the operators freeze in their position which can be the middle of a step which looks weird. I tried to play around with two commands on the OnArrival trigger of the network node:
  • stopanimation(traveler, "Walk");
  • startanimation(traveler, "Stand");
Stopanimation has no effect because the animation is stopped anyway when the operator runs into the queue. Startanimation will play the Stand-animation but the return to the weird position after it played once.

What I'd like to use is a resetanimation(traveler) command, but that doesnt exist.

I've got the feeling that I overlook something here. So what is the simple solution to stopping and resetting the animation of a walking operator?

Cheers,
Stephan
Old 10-24-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
Vadim Fooks will become famous soon enough

I had a similar problem which I solved by adding a delay after the animation to give it a chance to finish. IMHO it makes sense because you probably do not want to start the next action, before the one simulated by this animation is finished.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vadim Fooks For This Useful Post:
Stephan Seidel (10-29-2012)

Tags
animation, operator, stopanimation, walking

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Animation Creator - Add tool to TE hand CSaunders Gripes and Goodies 0 04-12-2012 05:14 PM
Animation of the ASRS questions Steven Hamoen Q&A 2 04-07-2011 03:11 AM
Animation Creator Esther Bennett Q&A 5 06-12-2010 07:21 AM
Frame Animation based on Time Shanon Loughton Q&A 4 04-06-2009 09:57 AM
Make sure you stop model with the stop button before collecting state based statistics Paul Dowling Tips and Tricks 2 06-10-2008 08:10 AM