ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-22-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Robert Liu is on a distinguished road
Default Where can I find Programming Language Reference ?

Hi,
Where can I find details of programming language refrence of Flexsim? In model making, I meet lots of code problems, and the 'command summry' and 'command Hints' of Flexsim 3.0_6 are too simple. Are there details of programming language refrence or users guide of Flexsim? Who can tell me?
Thanks a lot!
Old 10-23-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

The programming in Flexsim is quite easy. It consists of some basic C++ functions (if .. then.. else, for loop, while loop & case statement) and all the Flexsim commands.

There is some information in the User Manual. Take a look at: "Writing logic in Flexsim" and "Basic modelling functions".

Further more it is strongly advised to get at least a basic training somewhere.

If that is not possible try to find somebody that knows Flexsim a bit more so that you can ask questions.

And take a good look at the code of other models, especially on this forum there are a lot of simple models that show a principle or give you a solution how to solve things. Look at Downloads/models/User concepts. (Thank you Tom)

There is not such a thing as a programming language reference (actually the command list is a reference) because the language is C++ with commands of Flexsim
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Robert Liu (10-23-2009)
Old 10-23-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Robert Liu is on a distinguished road

Thank you Steven Hamoen!
I am a jackaroo for Flexsim, in building models, I feel only through self programming the models can meet the needs of application. your suggestion "take a good look at the code of other models" is very usefull for me, Thanks a lot!
Old 10-26-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 35
Dirk-Jan will become famous soon enough

Hi, I'd suggest to upgrade to the newest version: 4.52 (!) is already some time out.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flexsim and Linear Programming: How to combine? Goksin Yilmaz Q&A 3 05-02-2008 01:35 AM
Find all nodes toggled as C++ Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 0 04-18-2008 03:36 PM
How to find the idle time of the job/product? shivrash Q&A 5 04-09-2008 09:01 AM
Get view reference AlanZhang Q&A 3 03-13-2008 08:51 AM
Object Orientated Programming and Inheritance Nico Zahn Q&A 16 12-05-2007 02:13 PM