ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-22-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Ian Collins is on a distinguished road
Default Evenly Split available forklifts

Hi,
I have a concept I am trying to solve. I have 4 queues that require forklifts to move its items to the next objects.

Initially only queue 1 has items and the 4 available forklifts must move these items. Now, as soon as queue 2 receives items 1 of the 4 forklifts must immediately start to to move the items in the queue.

When queue 3 receives items another forklift must move items from queue 3. This means that if all 4 queues has items there must be 1 forklift working on each queue. Thus splitting the work.

Attached a small model.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm TaskExecuterSplitWork.fsm (23.6 KB, 286 views)
Old 01-22-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hí,

I´m not sure in what Version of FlexSim you build this model. I´ve got a solution for you in 7.7.2 but if you want me to create it in an older Version just tell me in which.

My idea is to just connect Queue 2, 3 and 4 directly with a Transporter and not via Dispatcher.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm TaskExecuterSplitWork_SH.fsm (24.7 KB, 289 views)
Old 01-22-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Ian Collins is on a distinguished road
Default Evenly Split available forklifts

Thanks for the reply Sebastian.

That seems obvious yes. In the actual problem there will be 20 racks, when a truck arrives a pick list is generated with lets say 10 items per pick list. There is 5 pickers but I only want 1 picker to handle that specific pick list.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Assigning Fixed Flow post Split Lorenzo Gutierrez Q&A 7 11-12-2013 09:28 AM
Multiple Forklifts, Different roles Ian Collins Q&A 2 04-30-2013 02:08 AM
One driver, two forklifts, multiple queues - is coordinated ts the only solution? Vadim Fooks Q&A 6 10-16-2012 05:18 AM
Using Separator for split Flowitem jasonjj Q&A 21 06-05-2012 08:17 AM