ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-25-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Sung Kim is on a distinguished road
Default Create Network Node At Reset

HI,
I would like to have my model generate Network nodes automatically at Reset. Based on Brandon's tip (/threads/thread451&highlight=NetworkNode) I built the logic, and it seems to work. However, it gives me two issues that I dont understand and need help.
In the attached model, the logic and only logic is in "Reset Trigger" of "LineGenSource" object to demonstrate my approach.

First,
Without the line 33 and 34 (connection between network node), it seems the logic works perfectly fine. However, I always receive following message from Flexsim.
"Exception Caught on NetworkNode draw for PNN1_3 validating data"
I know Flexsim wants to tell me he is not comfortable with my logic. I searched the forum, but couldnt locate the thread regarding this message. Could anyone know about this let me know what I did wrong? My original model runs fine ignoring this message, though.

Second,
With the line 33 and 34, Flexsim pleasantly FREEZES!!. Isn't it a valid execution to connect between nodes? I am definitely missing here but don't know what it is.
By the way, Brandon suggested using "createinstance" but somehow it doesn't work for my model. Instead, I used "createcopy". Maybe it is a root cause of all these??
Thank you for your help in advance.
Sung
Attached Files
File Type: zip NodeCopySample.zip (56.5 KB, 181 views)
Old 04-13-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Sung Kim is on a distinguished road
Default misuse createinstance

I realized that I misused the createinstance. As Brandon suggested in his post, the createinstance solves my two issues!!
Thank you again, Brandon.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Network Node Question Gavin Douglas Q&A 1 10-16-2008 02:24 PM
Release from Network Node Gavin Douglas Q&A 2 06-12-2008 12:39 PM
Tools for ojbect connect to network node KelvinHo Q&A 6 04-24-2008 08:37 AM
How to dynamically set virtual distance for Network Node Sung Kim Q&A 2 02-29-2008 01:36 PM
Moving Network Node Information into a Table Brandon Peterson Q&A 2 02-15-2008 09:46 AM