ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-21-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
oliver xie is on a distinguished road
Default How to let the flowitem not disappear when click onreset button

hi,
I have built a model,but i don't want to let the flowitem to disappear when i reset the model. what can i do to slove this problem?
Old 05-22-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

As far as I know, there is no way to have Flowitems in a reseted model.

Am not sure, if it is the easiest way, but I would use an Object and give it the look of the Flowitem. On Start I would turn the shape of this Object off and on Reset on again.
Or if you want to move exactly this Object you could use Kinematics!?
Only ideas..
Old 05-22-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Allister Wilson will become famous soon enoughAllister Wilson will become famous soon enough

I've just done some tests and it seems there are 2 things to take into account :
- The built-in FixedResource and TaskExecuter objects (Queue, conveyor, operator, etc...) seem to destroy their entire contents on reset
- Any object with the itemtype attribute is destroyed on reset

Therefore if you rename/delete the flowitem's itemtype attribute (then rebind the object's attributes), it won't be destroyed by the automatic flowitem destruction process.
You can test this behaviour as follows :
- create a source that outputs to a queue
- run the model until you have atleast 2 flowitems in the queue then stop it
- use Edit Selected Objects to move both flowitems from the queue to the model root object
- for one of the flowitems, rename the itemtype attribute to "itemtype_", then select Build->Rebind Object Attributes in the object's context menu, leave the other flowitem as it is
- reset the model, the unmodified flowitem will be destroyed, the modified one will remain

Sadly I'm not sure how you could avoid the other issue of objects destroying their contents automatically (drop any object into a queue/operator/conveyor/etc and hit reset to see this in action).
Still, this might be of use to you if your model uses custom FR/TE objects (BasicTE and BasicFR do not seem to destroy their contents automatically).

Good luck.

Last edited by Allister Wilson; 05-22-2011 at 10:45 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allister Wilson For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (05-22-2011)
Old 05-23-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 37
oliver xie is on a distinguished road

Hi Allister,
Thanks for your help.
I've paid attentions to the flowitem's atrribute ,but i think the atrribute is very important to the built-in FixedResource objcet. because with the atrribute the object can be managed as a flowitem by the ownobject. this is aslo the reason i put FixedResource objcet into other object. Do you know the the automatic flowitem destruction process? I just want to let this process miss the task destroying the object i want to keep. I don't know where i should check.
Old 05-23-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Allister Wilson will become famous soon enoughAllister Wilson will become famous soon enough

I've tried disabling the itemtype attribute from the model reset trigger and a dummy-object's reset trigger (so as to disable flowitem destruction just before it occurs), but sadly it seems like the flowitems are destroyed before any reset triggers are executed.

Although you could make your own reset function, which would disable the itemtype attribute on whatever flowitems you want to keep and rebind the attributes, before calling resetmodel(). I imagine that would work, although without knowing exactly what you're attempting to do, I can't garantuee it's what you want.

Last edited by Allister Wilson; 05-23-2011 at 04:16 PM.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
object disappear when reset zhang xin Q&A 1 04-02-2011 10:44 AM
Node (OnReset Trigger) shafizad Q&A 3 02-12-2011 07:50 AM
Flowitems seems to disappear at the end of simulation run Tom David Q&A 2 07-16-2008 03:50 AM
Double click to execute the onpress function sophia yao Q&A 4 07-15-2008 08:53 PM
Unable to move the view by left-click dragging? Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 0 08-03-2007 10:01 AM