ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-25-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
emrecakmak is on a distinguished road
Default random tasks

Hi,

I am a new flexsim user. I need some helps for my model. I have some problems that i want to ask.

My model has 10 queues and 10 processors. My source creates task executers flow items. I want every task executers go to 5 queues randomly. I attached my model.

Thank you all...
Attached Files
File Type: zip TRYOUT2.zip (88.8 KB, 138 views)
Old 09-27-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
mark.gormley has a spectacular aura aboutmark.gormley has a spectacular aura about

Hi,

If I understand you correctly you would like each individual task executor to visit 5 queues/processors then enter the sink?

If this is the case the following should be a simple solution:

Connect the output ports of all of the processors to the input ports of all of the queues.

Create a label on the flow items to track how many queues they have visited (incremented on all queues on entry trigger).

Create a flow rule for each processor that looks at the label to see how many queues have been visited/are left to visit. If all queues have been visited it returns the port that connects to the sink, otherwise it will return a random port from the others available. This will be easier if you always connect the sink as the last output port.

If it is important that the same flow item does not enter the same queue twice then you will need to add some extra logic to track where they have been and ensure they do not select these again.

Hope that helps!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mark.gormley For This Useful Post:
Rachid Kolfin (09-28-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sub Tasks Anthony Timmiss Q&A 1 03-26-2010 08:02 AM
overlaping tasks Kang Han Q&A 2 10-16-2008 05:40 PM
real random numbers Vinay Mehendiratta Q&A 1 07-15-2008 10:09 AM
More random random number Paul Dowling Q&A 6 06-01-2008 07:30 PM
How to run tasks after stop time? Fadhlullah Bin Rahmat Q&A 1 02-26-2008 04:44 PM