ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 09-03-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
mearjun will become famous soon enough
Default How to make a loop of processes on the multiprocessor

Hello Everyone..

Here is what I want to do.. I am simulating an ED ..I am using a multiprocessor to depict the various processes a patient goes through on a bed.. after the last process where a doctor reviews the condition of the patient he takes a decision whether a patient needs to be discharged or needs to stay for further treatment.. I can do this by generating a random yes/no value a label discharge.. so basically on the last process I need to make the patient stay on the bed and start the previous processes again if the value of discharge label is no..
logically this is what happens on a bed..
initial assessment by nurse >> initial assessment by doctor >> procedures performed by nurse >> doctor reassessment >> {to be discharged or not ?}>> if yes then exit the bed or if no go back to processes 3 (nurse procedure)
how can this be modeled ??
Old 09-04-2012
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, can't resist it: Use Flexsim HC

To give a better answer:
Simply loop the patient from an outputport back to the input port and he starts over again.

If you want him to pass a few process steps simply use a label for the process times on those steps and when he goes in for the 2nd or even 3rd round make the labels 0 of the process the patient has to pass.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
mearjun (09-04-2012)
Old 09-04-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
mearjun will become famous soon enough

Thanks for replying.. I did ask my prof to buy me a license for flexsim HC but its not possible for him to do so..!!..
your point seems right and I can try that.. However can u explain a little more in detail as to how an item can be moved from the output port back to the input port.. what if there are other items waiting in the queue waiting for the same multiprocessor.. For my model they have to keep waiting untill the present item is not discharged..
Old 09-04-2012
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

Send the patient to a Queue that connects back into input port 1 of the MultiProcessor. By default items from input port 1 will be considered first, even if there are other items waiting on other ports.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to use stopobject command in between processes on a Multiprocessor? mearjun Flexsim Student Forum 2 09-10-2012 01:05 PM
Multiprocessor Question Gavin Douglas Q&A 3 04-22-2010 11:09 AM
Question regarding 2 "in-line" gate processes Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 3 09-02-2009 07:45 PM
Multiprocessor Frames Simon Riopel Q&A 3 09-09-2008 01:19 AM
stopping the MultiProcessor Pablo Concha Q&A 4 10-31-2007 07:34 PM