ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 09-24-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

"derefcoupling" is only in allobjects.h but still missing in .lib-file (error message of VS2012):

Code:
error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "class TreeNode * __cdecl derefcoupling(class TreeNode *)"
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Anthony Johnson (09-24-2013)
Old 09-24-2013
FlexSim Geek

Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

I get a warning in FlexSim 7 if I use a 64bit dll. It's a blank module and a blank class created with the module sdk. No warning with a 32bit dll and the same code.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	unsuccessful Binding.png
Views:	126
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	2278  
Old 09-24-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Allister Wilson will become famous soon enoughAllister Wilson will become famous soon enough

I don't know if this is deliberate, but the lock/unlock splines options are no longer present in the Edit menu.

There's also no easy way to open the Travel networks window, as far as I can tell (the one where you set default network connection parameters).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allister Wilson For This Useful Post:
Clair A (09-24-2013)
Old 09-24-2013
FlexSim Geek

The button "Make Code DLL-Linked" in the CodeEditor has a wrong path to the CodeEdit. The code in CodeEditor/BottomButtons/DLL>OnPress should be:

Code:
setchecked(node("../FlexScript", c), 0);
setchecked(node("../CPP", c), 0);
if (msg("DLL","A dll toggled code field must have different syntax than c++ or flexscript.\nWould you like the code changed to a template for dll linking?", 4))
    setviewtext(node("../../CodeEdit",c), gets(node(">dlltext",c)));
I've underlined the changed path.
Old 09-24-2013
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again everyone.

Esther,
Yeah, that's pretty weird. What exactly is messing up in your v6 modules?

Allister,
The locking splines was taken out because network nodes cache their splines anyway. You can change default connecting stuff by right-clicking on a node and using the right-click menu.

Clair,
The dbnextrow issues were caused because you updated to a revision of the module sdk that came after the flexsim 7 beta (although I'll admit it's weird that you don't get it on 32-bit). I added a tag to the repository that signifies the point of the flexsim 7 beta, so if you update to that you won't get those errors. However, you will get the other errors that I've subsequently fixed. I could technically create a Flexsim7Beta branch in the repository, but we're so near to the release I figure you can wait for the final release.

Thanks for your help,
Anthony Johnson
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Clair A (09-24-2013)
Old 09-24-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Anthony,

I have no idea, I uninstalled the old beta on Friday and installed the new one to try to update our modules to flexsim 7. Monday had a customer coming over and wanted to check if everything was ok and couldn't start Flexsim. Got an error and could only choose to restart or cancel and restarting did nothing but creating the error again. As I was pressed for time we did a system restore to before the uninstall and everything was working again...

I had already made a copy of flexsim 7 to test my modules (i like to keep a clean install ). And this version still gives the system errors at startup, but otherwise seems to be working. I have managed to compile a module from version 6, but I had to remove all lines in the flesximfuncs.h and declaration. h that contained the words dbnextrow (2 lines) and dbsqlqueryalias (3 lines). Got error msg on those when starting flexsim after building the module dll. Once removed the module seems to be working (have to test some more though, lots of work to rewrite all flexsimcommands in the dll because of the changed capitalization etc).

Esther
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esther Bennett For This Useful Post:
Carsten Seehafer (09-25-2013)
Old 09-24-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all
Default tree navigation

I have a question, is it still possible to close all windows (as the windows option in the menu has gone?) or is it possible to have the tree navigation window back when you only open a tree?

Updating my modules I have not found an easy way (yet) to close all windows ( of the default workspace ) before saving the pristine state.

Esther
Old 09-25-2013
FlexSim Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther Bennett View Post
...is it possible to have the tree navigation window back when you only open a tree?...
If you add a Custom Toolbar Item and insert this code:
Code:
applicationcommand("treeview");
applicationcommand("quickproperties");
Another option is to change the original toolbar with modules. The applicationcommand("quickproperties") opens quickproperties only once
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013
Flexsim User

Allister Wilson will become famous soon enoughAllister Wilson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Johnson View Post
You can change default connecting stuff by right-clicking on a node and using the right-click menu.
I'm not sure if you're referring to the right-click context menu on the colored edge points, or actually on the network nodes themselves.
Right-clicking a network node does exactly the same as left-clicking it for me, it becomes highlighted, there's no context menu.
If you're referring to the "passing/nonpassing/no connection/straight/curved" options in the edge point context menu, they seem to behave as in FlexSim 6, changing that particular conneciton, but not the default parameters for new connections.
The ability to set default connection parameters in the old Travel networks window was a massive time saver, so I think I'm probably missing something obvious here.
Old 09-25-2013

Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Allister,
When you right-click on a node you should get the following menu:
Click image for larger version
Name:	NetNodeContextMenu.png
Views:	103
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	2283
It's weird that you're not getting that. Can you right-click on other objects in the model and get a context menu?

Esther,
You should be able to save the pristine state by calling applicationcommand("savedefaultviewproject") (should be what your custom toolbar save button does). This should automatically close all windows if you choose OK on the second message. On our side, that's probably a good idea to open quick properties automatically when you open a tree view.
Sorry about the naming scheme revamp. I know it's a lot of work, but I was just sick of our abysmal naming conventions in previous versions, and wanted to finally conform to a common coding style, so I figured now is as good a time as any. If you have any questions on that please give me a holler.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
mefhsmflexsimbr (09-27-2013)
Old 09-26-2013
Flexsim User

Thanks for the clarification Anthony, looks like a good system.
I have no other context menu issues that I'm aware of, the issue seems specific to the network node.
For what it's worth, Clair has confirmed he has the same problem with that context menu not appearing.
I'll try a fresh install if I have time later on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Allister Wilson For This Useful Post:
Anthony Johnson (09-26-2013)
Old 09-26-2013
FlexSim Geek

A support of the 3D-mouse for the views in FlowItemBin and AnimationCreator would be very nice

@Allister: I don't have the context menu also. As Anthony already mentioned the final version is nearly done and if I look at his picture his newer version has this menu. Maybe we should just wait for the final
Phil BoBo (09-26-2013)
Old 09-26-2013
FlexSim Geek

I've tried different shapes, it looks like that one .skp-file doesn't work (independent from modules). All other .skp-files and .3ds work fine. The weird thing about this is that this file worked in Flexsim 6 without problems?! Any suggestions?
Code:
Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:    APPCRASH
  Anwendungsname:    SkpReader.exe
  Anwendungsversion:    0.0.0.0
  Anwendungszeitstempel:    5228e832
  Fehlermodulname:    SkpReader.exe
  Fehlermodulversion:    0.0.0.0
  Fehlermodulzeitstempel:    5228e832
  Ausnahmecode:    c0000005
  Ausnahmeoffset:    00002d3b
  Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Gebietsschema-ID:    1031
  Zusatzinformation 1:    0a9e
  Zusatzinformation 2:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Zusatzinformation 3:    0a9e
  Zusatzinformation 4:    0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
FlexSim can't display any .skp-files after that.

Last edited by Carsten Seehafer; 09-26-2013 at 08:13 AM. Reason: It wasn't a problem with modules, as suggested before. I fixed this post ;)
Old 09-26-2013

Allister,
Thanks, I was able to replicate your problem. It was specific to 64-bit versions. We'll get it fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Allister Wilson (09-27-2013)
Old 09-27-2013
Flexsim User

Thanks Anthony, I probably should have mentioned I was running the 64 bit build.

I have a few issues to report with the optimiser.

Exporting scenarios from the optimiser results
Exporting scenarios (to the experimeter) through the right-click context menu does nothing, the code for the menu option appears to be missing.

PFMs reading zero
In the attached model, I have 3 PFMs setup (2x average staytime, 1x input) and used as objective functions.
Running the optimiser, only the 1st scenario gives results, on all subsequent scenarios the PFMs are all reading zero.
Exporting any of the "failed" scenarios and running them in the experimenter gives the correct results.
This issue was confirmed by Clair.
Name:  v7_optquest_zeropfm.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  5.9 KB
v7_optquest_zeropfm.fsm

Search mode : weighted
Running an optimisation using this search mode crashes FlexSim for me at what appears to be the end of the first scenario run.
I can provide the crash details if you want them.
Clair could not reproduce this crash.
The Following User Says Thank You to Allister Wilson For This Useful Post:
Anthony Johnson (09-28-2013)
Old 09-27-2013
FlexSim Brasil

Downloads: 10
mefhsmflexsimbr is on a distinguished road
Default OptQuest Problem - FlexSim 7 Beta

Hi guys,
OptQuest is facing a problem for a single model as you can see the screen. Attached is the model.
The Following User Says Thank You to mefhsmflexsimbr For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2013
FlexSim Distributor

Downloads: 109
Flavio Brito is on a distinguished road
Default Travel Networks

I'm not finding the window "Travel Networks", in V6 it was at "View>Modeling Utilities>Travel Networks"!! How to define a standard connection to NN in V7?

Obs: The link of the icon "Sample Models" in tool bar is not working.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flavio Brito For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Hi Flavio,

Look at the post from Anthony.

Jörg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Flavio Brito (09-30-2013)
Old 09-28-2013

Carsten,
Could you send us the sketchup file that was causing the crash?

mefhsmflexsimbr,
The OptQuest license issue is caused because the Beta installer isn't registering the OptQuest COM object properly. We'll fix this, but for now you can do the following to enable OptQuest:

On 32-bit installs of FlexSim:
1. open a command window as administrator.
2. cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flexsim7\program"
3. "%Windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm" .\comoptquest.dll

On 64-bit installs of FlexSim:
1. open a command window as administrator.
2. cd "C:\Program Files\Flexsim7\program"
3. "%Windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\rega sm" .\comoptquest.dll

Regards,
Anthony Johnson
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (09-28-2013)
Old 09-29-2013
FlexSim Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Johnson View Post
Carsten,
Could you send us the sketchup file that was causing the crash?
Anthony,

you can download the sketchup file at:http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehou...8bcf93b2c5dc8a
I found 2 or 3 other files with the same issue, but I no longer have these.

I would like to mention that version 7 is really great (even under the surface). You and all the others in the development team have done an awesome job! Thank you for that!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (09-30-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FlexSim 6 Beta Phil BoBo Product Announcements 84 07-26-2012 07:52 PM
Flexsim 5 Beta Anthony Johnson Product Announcements 47 10-26-2011 11:08 AM