ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-26-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default advise on using database operation

Hi

I have a client who need to need to check information from the mdb database file for the condition to pull in a metarial. In their code, they will open the database, read the information and close the database. Due to they have more than 500 process steps and 1000 of items, and hence each time the code is being executed it takes some time. At the end, it took me more 11 hours to run the model at the unlimited speed.

Is there anyone out there has any suggestion to what should I advise my client in speeding out the process of simulation?

By the way, I have used a better machine and has reduce the time from 2.5 days to 11 hours.

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

David
Old 09-27-2010
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

David,

Here are 2 remarks that I can think off:

First remark would be to not open en close the database because that is what is taking the time, but keep the database open en use a query everytime.

Other option would be to extract the needed data on reset and put it in a global table and use that to get the data from.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (09-27-2010)
Old 09-27-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Steven,

Thanks. Most likely they need to try the first one as they still prefer the mdb file.

Thanks

David

Tags
database integration, simulation speed

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Connect Flexsim to Oracle database RalfGruber Q&A 18 08-05-2013 12:15 PM
about man-machine joint operation model zoeygollum Q&A 4 08-09-2010 05:59 AM
Mining Operation David Chan Pre-sales Questions 3 04-29-2010 08:07 AM
Problems with import of data from a database Matthias Hofmann Q&A 1 09-26-2008 09:42 AM
Sample Access Database Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 1 07-09-2008 12:15 PM