ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-17-2012
Eduard

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Eduard RK is on a distinguished road
Default rack's transport to conveyor

Hello
i have a small problem. I have 5 racks connected to 1 conveyor and 1 sink. All racks use transport. Each conveyor entry 2 flowitem (itemtype1 and itemtype2). The flowtitem2 comes out for sink with 1 transport and flowitem1 for conveyor with other transport(model attach).
My problem is the follow: the exit for conveyor must leave 2 flowitem in each travel of transport, but only comes out 1.

Trying of replaced the conveyor for un queue is ok, but transports are disordered

Please, i need your help

Greetings
Attached Files
File Type: fsm problem.fsm (442.6 KB, 120 views)
Old 01-18-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 4
Juan Segui is on a distinguished road

Eduard,

If your problem is to get the operator to carry 2 objects from the Racks into the Conveyor, you will not be able to make him do this with standard functionality.

As you correctly mentioned, change the connections from the racks output ports (to a "Dummy Queue") and from this Queue feed the conveyor.

In order to help you with the transports ordering logic, you need to specify what logic-rules should apply.

Now if the second problem is that you have the two operators carrying both parts onto the Dummy Queue (which should be set to have a capacity of 2) then there needs to be another change to your model logic.

Change the connections, so that instead of having a center port connection to the dispatcher, you have a centerport connection to each Operator. Now change the "Request transport from" Rule, which was set to pick the operator from the centerport connection 3, and set it to the option "Cases by Value"....... With this functionality you can specify that if the product from the rack is flowing to the output port 1 (The Dummy queue that feeds the conveyor) you want to select Operator_1 to carry the parts. And if the output port is number 2 (The sink) you want the Operator_2 only to carry the parts from the rack to the sink.

Last edited by Juan Segui; 01-18-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-18-2012
Eduard

Juan

i'm sorry but me not resulted your suggestion. The main idea is that the flowitem2 exit to sink with the goal of no accumulate in rack an object "no important". In other word, for acumulation's rules i need that the 4 level it have 3 objects and not 4. I not found as restricting capacity of this level and i was that "genial idea".

I don`t if have somehow which the flowitem2 exit to sink without help of transport, being the operator only for lead flowitem1 to the conveyor (before queue)

Please your suggestions

greetings
Old 01-19-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

to change the content of a cell, you can change the contenttable in the variables of your rack. Important is, that you change the value of the cells and the sum of the bay.

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 01-19-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Old 01-19-2012
Eduard

Jörg

that was my first trying, but i not found how to do (i'm not user experimented). Only found change the content of bay and for level
Old 01-19-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 4
Juan Segui is on a distinguished road

Eduard

If the system works for you (having only 3 items on the 3rd bay) and the thing you are worried about is having this "external blocking" item being sent to the sink directly the change you need to apply is different.

I believe that what you are looking for is changing the "Request Transport From Rule" and you should select "Conditional Transport" from the picklist options.

This way, if objects are going to the "Dummy Queue" or the Conveyor they exit through output port number 1 and this port DOES require transport. For all other ports (which is the ones connected to the Sink) this transport will be done by Flexsim and so you don't have and operator involved in carrying that part to the sink.

Good Luck
Old 01-19-2012
Eduard

I could restrict capacity`s cell with both ideas, but now, i have a new doubt ...... in rack, how i can use LIFO???? cause in queue i have option use both modes, but in rack this not happen.

Please your coments for this

greetings
Old 01-20-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduard RK View Post
that was my first trying, but i not found how to do (i'm not user experimented). Only found change the content of bay and for level
Hi Eduard,

the following code give you some hints. It comes from the OnReset in a rack.
Code:
/**Change capacity of cells*/
treenode current = ownerobject(c);
treenode racktablecontent = node("/contenttable",variables(current)); //pointer to the contenttablenode in the racktree
// tablerow = rackbay; number of bays = 10
int bay = 1;
// tablecolumn = racklevel; number of levels = 10 
int level =10;
settablenum(racktablecontent,bay,level,1);
// reduce capacity of level 10 by 1 in each cell 
for (int index = 1; index <= rackgetnrofbays(current);index++)
{    settablenum(racktablecontent,index,10,1);
    // change baycontent-balance
    setnodenum(rank(racktablecontent,index),1);
}
/* Beware of the wrong capacity info in the cells, which have a reduced capacity of flowitems
the command rackgetcellcontent does not check, if there is a number of items. 
It checks the value in the contenttable. It does not count the flowitempointer in the subtreenode. 
if you want the cell content by real flowitems, use the following command: 
content(gettablecell(racktablecontent,bay,level)); // racktablecontent is still the pointer from above or
content(gettablecell(node("/contenttable",variables(current)),bay,level)) // current is now the pointer in and to the rack
*/
Jörg
Old 01-20-2012
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduard RK View Post
in rack, how i can use LIFO???? cause in queue i have option use both modes, but in rack this not happen.
You can set the lifo variable on the rack to 1 in the tree. This option isn't shown in the Properties window, but changing the variable works.

See the attached model.

Note that if the rack is sending to an object that can receive multiple at the same time (like a queue or a sink), then it may release them each one at a time in the other that they came in, and it will queue up all of those task sequences in order (it won't seem like lifo). By sending to an object will a limited maximum content, then only one item is released at a time (the last one in).
Attached Files
File Type: fsm lifo_rack.fsm (33.8 KB, 446 views)

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 11-19-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transport 2 once! john mic Q&A 5 05-20-2010 11:28 PM
What is the difference between a Conveyor and Basic Conveyor shivrash Q&A 2 07-21-2009 04:09 AM
How do you transport using two different methods Derrick Serbonich Q&A 1 02-25-2009 05:50 PM
flowiTems From transport to transport Manuel Kraenzle Q&A 1 10-27-2008 01:32 PM
A question about request transport in a rack object AlanZhang Q&A 9 08-15-2007 02:45 PM