ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-16-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Christian Norregaard will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Changing rank on GlobalTables?

Hi all.

Is it possible to change the rank of Global Tables?

When I build models, I tend to use tables a lot, and it hurts my eyes, when these tables are not sorted.

I tried using the rank(["Table"],[int]) sommand, but that had no effect.
I also tried to 'Edit Highlighted', also without success.

(See attached image, where I tried moving 'BrewSchedule150' up just below 'BrewSchedule')

Can anyone throw me a bone here?

Thanks a lot.

/Christian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 16 19.26.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	1684  
Old 02-16-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 30
Danny Pavan will become famous soon enoughDanny Pavan will become famous soon enough

The "Edit Highlight" modeling utility will change the rank of the highlighted table on the tree. It just doesn't get immediately reflected in the Tools-GlobalTables pull-down menu. If you were to save and close the model with reordered Global Tables, when you reopen the model the pull down menu will reflect that reordering.

Sorry but I don't know the command you would use to update the order of the tables in the pull down menu so that you wouldn't need to save the model and then close and reopen Flexsim.

Danny

Last edited by Danny Pavan; 02-16-2012 at 05:42 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danny Pavan For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (02-17-2012)
Old 02-16-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

updatetoolsmenu() should do it.

You can also right click one of the gobal tables in the tree and select edit->SortAlphabetically. Some models use the rank of the table in the tree to refer to it, so beware if you have one of those and want to try this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (02-17-2012)

Tags
global tables, rank

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GlobalTables juan alberto Q&A 8 09-22-2011 08:21 PM
RE: Change the rank of output ports of a object using flexscript gadirajus Q&A 3 04-21-2011 02:44 PM
some question about 5.02 changing LINWEIXU Q&A 0 06-03-2010 02:07 AM
changing shape factor when changing 3d shape KelvinHo Q&A 3 09-03-2009 08:24 AM