ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-05-2015
sravan kumar

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Post problem in basicTE and operator

hy everyone

i have problem in operating basicTE(trolley) and operator, the problem that i am facing is operator must handle trolley which carries material for certain distance and place it aside after finishing the task. i have used dispatcher to solve it but its not working as expected.

And i have another doubt regarding the multi-product manufacturing in the same layout i.e., there are 2 products that can be manufactured in the same layout. manufacturing of 1 product requires to travel whole layout, whereas for product 2 it travels only through few machines. Does this kind of problems can be solved in flexsim if so how can it be done.

thank you
Old 05-05-2015
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Sravan,

for your first problem you need to create coordinated task sequences to be able to combine the actions of two TEs. There is a sample in the Request Transport From pick list called Coordinated Task Sequence Example_1. This uses an operator to unload a pallet manually and then use a forklift to move the empty pallet. That should serve as an example to you.

On your other task: You have to give your different products a unique marker, like the itemtype. Then you can use the itemtype value to route your products through the layout. The easiest would probably be to use the Send to Port picklist option "Values By Case"

Good Luck

Ralf
FlexSim
The Following User Says Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (05-06-2015)
Old 05-06-2015
sravan kumar

Downloads: 9
hy sir

Thanks for the reply sir. 50% of the problem has been solved, but the actual problem now am facing is:

while in load both trolley and operator are moving as expected but after unload operator and trolley aren't moving simultaneously.

They are moving as :first the operator is traveling to the source area and after this trolley is moving automatically to the source location but this is not the case i am expecting.

It should be moved as: operator should handle the trolley from source to destination and vice-versa.

the other problem is: i have kept capacity as 10 for trolley, but trolley is carrying only 1 product in it.

i have attached the model below.

thank you
Attached Files
File Type: fsm trolley n operator .fsm (213.8 KB, 274 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problem relating to operator and processors sravan kumar Q&A 1 02-27-2015 09:45 AM
problem relating to operator sravan kumar Pre-sales Questions 5 12-25-2014 03:33 AM
Operator Behavior Problem Joseph Mueller Q&A 1 05-09-2013 03:35 AM
Rotating BasicTE Phil BoBo Tips and Tricks 0 08-15-2012 02:53 PM
why the BasicTE can not move? LINWEIXU Q&A 0 08-14-2009 09:24 PM