ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-02-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 0
Philip Diem is on a distinguished road
Question writing a transport task not on transport location

Hi FlexSim community

I´m still quite new to flexsim and i´m trying to do the following thing:

A dispatcher should get a message every week on which it creates a tasksequence for an operator.
This works fine so far.

The operator should travel to a specific queue, load an item and bring it to another specific queue.

What the operator actually does is getting the fixed ressource that created the initial message and drags it to the items assigned destination.

I assume that this is linked to the item declaration?
I just copy/pasted treenode item = parnode(1); into the dispatchers OnMessage trigger to get the load-task to work.
but i have no clue what this actually does and unfortunately the manual doesn´t help me either.

FS Version 7.3
The FR involved of the Model attached are "Dispatcher" and "Wochenticker"
both on the far right side.

Thanks for your help
Best regards
Philip
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Tasks_Problem.fsm (117.4 KB, 289 views)
Old 04-02-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Philipp,
parnode(1) is a referrence to the message sending object named "Wochenticker". The message does not contain any reference to the item. You can set a pointer to the first item of a queue by the command first(node("/Fertigwarenlager 1",model())).
Code:
treenode item = first(node("/Fertigwarenlager 1",model()));
Similar is the command last(obj.) wherein obj is a referrence to the container object.
Another possible command is the function rank(obj,order num). Order num is the number of the order of items stored in the queue, e.g. 1 = first, 2 = second and so on.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Philip Diem (04-02-2015)
Old 04-02-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 51
Philip Diem is on a distinguished road
Talking Thank you very much

I will try that.

That will surely help me to get into it.

Tags
task sequence

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Collaborative transport Shahin Gelareh Q&A 3 02-13-2012 09:43 PM
how to On or Off using transport in Flow tap? syseo Q&A 1 07-26-2011 01:47 AM
Transport 2 once! john mic Q&A 5 05-20-2010 11:28 PM
How do you transport using two different methods Derrick Serbonich Q&A 1 02-25-2009 05:50 PM
flowiTems From transport to transport Manuel Kraenzle Q&A 1 10-27-2008 01:32 PM