ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 03-21-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Scott Mullen is on a distinguished road
Default Specific Path for TaskExecuters

I'm a beginner here so please forgive me for stupid questions. I'm trying to create a subway line with two TaskExecuters. Each stop has a queue where the passengers are picked up and a sink where they are dropped off. Do I need a Dispatcher to control both TEs? Also, on my model (which I attached) the TEs go in different directions at NN4 but then both are supposed to reverse direction once they hit the end and come back along the same path at NN4. Do I have the network nodes setup right? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-21-2013
Flexsim User

Default Attachment

Attachment
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Final.fsm (30.1 KB, 105 views)
Old 03-21-2013
Flexsim User

Default Updated Model

I've got both TEs moving but they are not hitting all the nodes I want them to. I also want them to follow the identical path until the split off towards the end. This would mean a 30 second delay for the 2nd TE
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Final.fsm (40.7 KB, 97 views)
Old 03-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I think you didn´t point out clear enough what you are trying to do.
If I look into your model, I see that you did´t turn off the offset travel for load and unload tasks. Is this right?
I even would built a network which only let the trains run in one direction. But I´m quite sure that I didn´t completely understand what you are trying to do.
Old 03-24-2013
Flexsim User

Default Subway

Thank you for responding. I've adjust my model and attached it here. I want it to stop at each queue and pick up the max amount of people it can hold, which is 15. Drop off a random amount of people at the next sink and then move on to the next queue and fill up to 15 again and then drop off a random number of people at the next sink. This repeats all the way through and then after it comes to the last sink I want it to go in reverse along the same path.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Final.fsm (39.5 KB, 95 views)
Old 03-25-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I think what you are really looking for are "TASKSEQUENCES". Your model works as well as possible without creating your own tasksequences. You could extend it with the pickoption: "Unload all items intended for this station before unloading to other stations " in the onLoad / onUnload Trigger of TE. But this will not solve the problem that you want the TE travel from one to the next station, stop there, unload and load "items" and so on.

Just had a similar task some years ago, maybe this thread can give you the first direction:

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=1153

If there are further questions, please lets know.

Tags
subway, taskexcuter, transportation

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to control the gap bettween TaskExecuters on waiting for unloading? Ilivid zheng Q&A 6 02-23-2011 10:21 PM
How to assign more than one physician to a specific bed? Lionel Lim FlexSim HC: Q&A 2 02-10-2010 10:13 AM
Call a specific operator Michael Hartlieb Q&A 3 06-29-2009 09:04 AM
How to use virtual path without overtaking of taskexecuters? Support_DoNotOvertake_TD Tom David Q&A 2 01-07-2009 04:29 AM
make transporters cycle a specific path bsantens Q&A 4 10-21-2008 08:08 AM