ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-25-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
naren nataraj is on a distinguished road
Default Custom Gantt Chart in Dashboard 7.7

Hi,

I want to learn to create a custom gantt chart on the dashboard, which reads values from a global table.

The global table has start time, end time, process name and machine name. This has to be displayed in the form of a Gantt chart on a dashboard. I have tried creating the same, but I am not getting a correct chart. I don't understand where I have gone wrong.

PFA, a reference model I created for the above problem. Please open in FlexSim 7.7.2, as it doesn't seem to open on lower versions.

Your help will be much appreciated!
Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: fsm 25-01-16 - Gantt chart TRIAL (7.7).fsm (19.3 KB, 408 views)
Old 01-25-2016
Jing Chen

Downloads: 2

Hi naren,
I think the problem of Gantt Chart is because that you were not set the table value of time(such as Start Time and Finish Time) at once.
In other words, due to you will calculate the right finish time later, you will change the part of value in table after you first set it.
I don't know the principle of dashboard, but I think your problem would be that.
So I modified your code to make it work well. Most modify is in ProcessTime/SetupTime Trigger and I use the bundle data which is more simple to understand.

Hope it helps!
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Gantt chart TRIAL (7.7)_Jing.fsm (19.6 KB, 330 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jing Chen For This Useful Post:
naren nataraj (01-26-2016)
Old 01-26-2016
Adarsh Jeyes

Downloads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jing Chen View Post
Hi naren,
I think the problem of Gantt Chart is because that you were not set the table value of time(such as Start Time and Finish Time) at once.
In other words, due to you will calculate the right finish time later, you will change the part of value in table after you first set it.
I don't know the principle of dashboard, but I think your problem would be that.
So I modified your code to make it work well. Most modify is in ProcessTime/SetupTime Trigger and I use the bundle data which is more simple to understand.

Hope it helps!
Hi Jing!

I have faced a similar issue. But in my case, I do not know the finish time of the each process (setup, process, changeover) beforehand.
Also, I am dealing with fluids.

So, in the case where a fluid is filling into a tank, I want to note:
1. Entry time (low mark), then
2. Full time (high mark), then
3. Mixing time (for mixing of fluid inside tank), then
4. Start of emptying (when fluid starts to empty into the next tank), then
5. Empty time (when no fluid is present in the tank, when tank is completely drained), finally
6. Changeover time (between 2 different fluids).

And in my case, there are 3 tanks operating and filling fluid into 1 following tank, so I am not able to calculate/predict the above mentioned times beforehand.

Can anyone help me out?
Let me know if you want me to include a sample model.
Thanks!
Old 01-27-2016
Jing Chen

Downloads: 2

Hi Adarsh
If you can not know the finish time of the each process beforehand, you can try record the start time in some node(such as label). And when you get the finish time, you set all the data(including start time and finish time) at once.

Hope it helps~

Jing Chen
The Following User Says Thank You to Jing Chen For This Useful Post:
Adarsh Jeyes (01-30-2016)
Old 01-28-2016
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

You can just have zero for the finish time and update it when the finish occurs. The custom gantt will draw assuming it has not yet ended in this case.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (01-28-2016)

Tags
7.7.2, chart, custom, dashboard, gantt

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Add objects dynamically to a chart David Besson Q&A 4 01-18-2016 06:57 AM
Time table state changes not being recorded in dashboard when using custom state profile Ryan Davis Q&A 3 08-14-2014 02:54 PM
Custom State in Dashboard Pie Chart David Chan Q&A 3 05-19-2014 11:13 PM
question about Flexism Chart Chengjun Zheng Q&A 1 04-12-2012 05:40 PM
Pie Chart Trouble Gutirallo Tips and Tricks 0 03-08-2012 12:19 PM