ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-23-2010
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default how to chang the item location in rack?

for example, there are a row goods in the first bay in rack , if i want to change these good in the second bay,how to do this, i know you can use a lot of racks(one bay) to do this,and i know you can move out goods from rack and move in to do this,but i want that there is some command to achieve it.
Old 04-23-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

You say you know how to move goods out from a rack and move into another rack.
So I would move the good out from the rack and move it into the same rack, but change the bay.
On a rack there is a picklist option to define the bay. I would use By Expression here and e.g. a label on the item. So you read the bay by this label on the item e.g. getlabelnum(item,”Bay”). You set the label before or while moving the item out of the rack. That is at least how I would do it and I hope it works.
Old 04-23-2010
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

thank you David, yes it works,and i use this method(you said),but i think if there is some kind of command to do this , it will be convenient.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Red selection box location? zhang xin Q&A 3 10-22-2009 07:24 AM
[Suggestion]Minimize windows location KelvinHo Gripes and Goodies 5 07-07-2009 10:02 AM
How to change the location of items in a rack cell from y to x direction? Tom David Q&A 3 11-23-2008 10:52 AM
Placing item in respective cell of a rack David Chan Q&A 1 11-13-2008 09:32 AM
set the location of flowitem from 2nd input port in a combiner KelvinHo Q&A 4 04-11-2008 11:34 AM