ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 05-04-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 4
Nico Zahn has a spectacular aura aboutNico Zahn has a spectacular aura about
Default FS 5.0 Index in global tables

Hi there,

in FS 5.0 there is no index for the rows and columns in the global tables. In 4.5 the index was created when you pressed 'Apply', in FS 5.0 the button is gone and so is the functionality....

There is also something wrong with selecting objects by pressing the ctrl button. I can´t add objects to a selection set with the ctrl button pressed, which is quite annoying... Am I pressing the wrong keys... ??

Last edited by Nico Zahn; 05-04-2010 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-04-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Nico, I've noticed that if you have "resize and rotate" switched on, and click where the 'handles' would be drawn, then the object is not toggled selected on/off. The click is likely interpreted as if the handles were drawn already and that you're clicking on them instead. Is this the problem you are seeing? Does disabling "resize and rotate" solve the problem. If not, it could be a graphics settings issue.

As for the global table 'index' do you mean the row and column headers? I can't reproduce that as new tables in 4.52 and 5.0 have the headers already. Just clicking into the table area or another field on the GUI updates the table with the headers. Note also that the formatting of column and row datatypes in 5 is now done with a right click option - before it was in an menu under "advanced".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (05-04-2010)
Old 05-04-2010
Flexsim User

Hi Jason,
Flexsim was put into the compatibilty graphics mode. In this mode you can not select items with mb and crtl. I put it to normal graphics mode and now I can select items with ctrl + mb.

Concerning the other issue: In 4.5, when the column and row header were empty, the were nummerised automatically when you pressed apply, which was quite usefull...
Old 05-04-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Uploads: 0
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Okay Nico, good that you solved the selection problem.

I think I see now what you mean about the global table headers which are automatically numbered/named when you create new rows and columns, but it doesn't overwrite existing headers now. If you need to do that, here's some code to execute in a script window.

Code:
treenode t=reftable("globaltablename");   //the table data node
for (int row=content(t);row>0;row--){
	setname(rank(t,row),concat("Row ",numtostring(row,0,0)));
}
t=first(t);  //now make t  the first row
for (int col=content(t);col>0;col--){
	setname(rank(t,col),concat("Col ",numtostring(col,0,0)));
}
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Nico Zahn (05-04-2010)
Old 05-04-2010
Flexsim User

Thanks for the script.
As I almost never use the headers I expanded it to nummerize all the global tables in the model. But beware, it overwrites existing headers...

treenode t_global=node("/Tools/GlobalTables",model());

treenode t;

for(int x=1;x<=content(t_global);x++)

{

t=reftable(getnodename(rank(t_global,x))); //the table data node

for (int row=content(t);row>0;row--){

setname(rank(t,row),concat("Row ",numtostring(row,0,0)));

}

t=first(t); //now make t the first row

for (int col=content(t);col>0;col--){

setname(rank(t,col),concat("Col ",numtostring(col,0,0)));

}

}

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Exporting Global Tables with Excel 2007 david_white Q&A 8 11-11-2008 10:34 AM
help! order picking process with global tables Charmaine Ng Q&A 3 11-06-2008 11:24 AM
Limit in the completion hints? Global Tables, Global Variables, etc.? Tom David Gripes and Goodies 6 09-09-2008 04:05 PM
Automatically generated global tables Sebastian Dransfeld Gripes and Goodies 1 09-01-2008 12:44 PM
Excel and global tables Bill Nordgren Q&A 2 10-15-2007 04:36 AM