ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-17-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough
Default Control Operator and ASRS in aisles

Hello everybody,

I'm playing around with a model where I try to navigate the actions of a ASRS and an Operator. I have 3 aisles between racks where the ASRS is used to load materials into the racks and an operator who picks the materials and brings it to a sink.

I use 3 time frames, 20mins each in which the ASRS can load in 2 aisles whereas 1 aisles is "closed" for the ASRS because the operator is in it an picks his stuff. After 20mins the closed aisles switches to the next one, operator moves there and ASRS goes out of that aisle and begins loading in the other two aisles.

My idea was using timetables with controlled downfunctions -> Output closed. I include the racks in there, so the operator doesn't want to go there.

Problem: Somehow it doesn't work and the operator goes into aisles where he shouldn't. The result is quite fatal for the operator because sooner or later he gets run over by the ASRS.

Could you help me with other ideas or where I might have a logical error or so?

Thank you very much
Jens
Old 07-18-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Jens,

Can you post your model so that we can see exactly how you are approaching the problem.

Brandon

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Double load handling ASRS Paul Dowling Q&A 8 05-06-2008 10:19 PM
control Flexsim remotely Martin Saler Q&A 1 12-14-2007 04:35 AM