ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-16-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Zulay Sarmiento is on a distinguished road
Default Network node MTBF

Hello everyone,
i have a question, i am modeling a distribution network, i want a node to change its connection type on break down, this is the thing, i have a tool that controls the MTBF for a set of networknodes, and i want that when they start the failure time, they change its connection tipe to "non_pasing" for an specific path, for example: "To NN3"
But i want that this thing happens for a mtbf.
Thanks for helpping
Greetings
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	paraelforo.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	2857  
Old 05-29-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Uploads: 0
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Zulay,

passing and non-passing is set under the node connectionsout of the network node in the model tree. Under that node you find the connections to the other network nodes. The passing is controlled in the subnode connectionType by its number values:1 = no connection; 2 = passing; 3 = non-passing.
Another approach for "no connection" is the command closenodeedge(...). The color of the direction arrow is orange instead of red and it may behave a bit different.
Important is then the update of the Network System by the command optimizenetwork().
In an example model I got a strange behaviour when an operator get into the state blocked while he tries to go into offset traveling for delivering an item. The operator stays in the block state and freezes. To prevent this I varied the time of the MTTR a bit.

Here an example code for the Down Function:
Code:
/**Custom Code - Changing Network Connection Type*/
// definition: names of constant values
#define CONNECTIONTYPE 3
#define no_connection 1
#define passing 2
#define non_passing 3
treenode current = ownerobject(c);
treenode downobject = parnode(1);
int state = parval(2);
double downtime = parval(3);
treenode membercoupling = parnode(4);
setnodenum(rank(last(connectionsout(downobject)),CONNECTIONTYPE),non_passing);
// equal: setnodenum(rank(last(connectionsout(downobject)),3),3);
optimizenetwork();
return 0;
I change in this code the last connection to another network node in the list of the network nodes.
The connection type is reset to passing (num = 2) again in the Resume Function.

Jörg
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Zulay Sarmiento (08-16-2015)

Tags
connection type, mtbf, networknode

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to set dynamicaly closing node edge in a network node Preethi Sivaramakrishnan Tips and Tricks 8 06-27-2013 01:35 PM
Network node error Lucie Lerivrey Q&A 1 04-08-2013 09:50 AM
Network node TreeView shafizad Q&A 5 08-25-2010 04:33 AM
How to color network node Nico Zahn Q&A 5 05-25-2010 07:04 AM
Release from Network Node Gavin Douglas Q&A 2 06-12-2008 12:39 PM