ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-27-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Howe Chiat Cheng is on a distinguished road
Default Operator not unloading items before picking up priority items

Hi,

I have a warehouse model attached here. The Operator13 is giving problems. He is in charge of: 1) moving items from the holding area to the racks and 2) picking the items and moving them to the downstream processors.

Task 2 has a higher priority.

The problems are:
a. Operator13 is not unloading the items completely (the last one or two blue boxes) before he goes about the higher priority picking task. He is carrying the blue box aimlessly.

b. The priority set for Queue16 (for Operator13 to pick up the items) does not seem to work most of the time.

Appreciate any advice to get the model working. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip warehouse model.zip (71.1 KB, 395 views)
Old 05-27-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 14
Paul Dowling is on a distinguished road

Have a solution for half your problem. Put setpriority(activets,50) at the start of the breakto requirement you already have (50 just being a large number). This will make sure any tasks started get finished. Have had problems with TS's myself, this is in more detail another thread called Double load handling ASRS.

Not sure about your problem with queue16, whenever a task looked possible (product ready, room in next object that its travelling to) it seemed to be taken immediately. That was just a quick look though...

Paul
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul Dowling For This Useful Post:
Howe Chiat Cheng (05-28-2008)
Old 05-28-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Howe Chiat Cheng is on a distinguished road
Default Works now :)

Thanks Paul. That code works wonderfully well.

Now I increased Operator13's workload by connecting him to the upstream and downstream processors. Found that I have to set the 'preempt' in order for the priority part to work for my model.

You are right about queue16. Have mistaken it as a problem as the connection to the last downstream processor was not done correctly.

Cheers.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can a combiner process multi items simultaneously? KelvinHo Q&A 6 11-08-2010 11:29 AM
I have a problem about " priority" Vic Li Q&A 0 03-20-2008 06:31 AM
Flow items with states AlanZhang Q&A 16 11-30-2007 10:32 AM