ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-16-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0
Ron Lavoie is on a distinguished road
Default Pallet jack/Hand jack

Would anyone be willing to share a pallet jack/hand jack that I can insert into a model? My boss would like to see one in a model we are working on and I don't have time to build one in ACAD3D. Unfortunatley, I am the only one left here that can some what use Flexsim. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron
Old 11-17-2008
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pallet Jack model

I hope this is what you're looking for. It took an hour or so - probably because I'm a bit rusty

Its an AC3D file with the coloured items grouped at the head so you should be able to make that Flexsim selectable.

Jason
Attached Files
File Type: zip PalletJack.zip (14.7 KB, 587 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Michael Hartlieb (11-18-2008)
Old 11-17-2008
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

VRML and 3DS formats included in this file
Attached Files
File Type: zip palletJack.zip (39.9 KB, 523 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Ron Lavoie (11-17-2008)
Old 11-17-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 12
Martijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to all

Thanks Jason!!

I was also just needing that for a project. My version was more simplistic, but now I've used yours.

I included a walking operator. I've added an example in which I adjusted an operator such that it handles pallets properly. Good luck.

Martijn
Attached Files
File Type: zip PalletJack.zip (551.9 KB, 575 views)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Martijn van Oostenbrugge For This Useful Post:
Simon Riopel (05-20-2009)
Old 11-17-2008
Flexsim Mexico

Downloads: 203
Jorge Toucet is just really niceJorge Toucet is just really niceJorge Toucet is just really niceJorge Toucet is just really nice

Thanks Jason and Martijn for your great shapes

Does any of you know how to show the attached texture (an image called newoper.JPG with the operator head, arms and shoes for Martijn's walking operator) with AC3D?

Thanks.
Jorge.
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2008
Flexsim User

Ron Lavoie is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for your help this gives us exactly what we needed for a visual representation. We have been using Flexsim quite a bit just for 3D layouts for our presentations. It really does a nice job and it's been pretty quick and easy to work with. I attached a screenshot, operator with pallet jack is in the far right corner it's a little small but he is there.

Thanks Again,

Ron
Attached Files
File Type: zip screenshot1.zip (222.5 KB, 440 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron Lavoie For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (11-17-2008)
Old 11-18-2008
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Jorge,

Within the .wrl files are lines called Texture2 lines. These specify the path to the texture.

I'd edit the files in a text editor like Notepad or something like that.

Currently the path to the texture in Martijn's OperatorPump.wrl and all the frames use "C:/Program Files/Flexsim4/fs3d/newoper.jpg" as the Texture2 path.

If you change all of those to be just "newoper.jpg" and then have the newoper.jpg file in the same directory as the .wrl file, it will show the texture just fine.

My guess is that you have Flexsim installed somewhere other than C:/Program Files/Flexsim4/ , Jorge, and that is why you can't see the texture.

The .wrl files needs a Find/Replace done to replace this line in the files:

Texture2 { filename "C:/Program Files/Flexsim4/fs3d/newoper.jpg" }

with:

Texture2 { filename "newoper.jpg" }
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (11-18-2008)
Old 05-20-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 23
Simon Riopel is on a distinguished road

Hello,
Thank you for the pallet jack 3D shape, very interesting !

But I have a little problem with it: Could someone explain to me the reason why I select the 3D shape OperatorPump to put it into a model, the operator with the pallet jack appears upside down ?

When I run the model that Martijn have attached, the operator is on the right side of my model.

Thank you !

Simon R.
Old 05-20-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

The Flexsim Operator library object has 3d shape factors that fit the operator's original shape into its yellow box.

The shape you are loading either expects those shape factors to be there and your object doesn't have them, or it expects them to not be there and the object you are loading the shape into does have them. Either way would give you the results you described.

Check the shape factors. The RZ shape factor for the regular operator is -90; the OperatorPump.wrl expects an RZ shape factor of 90.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Simon Riopel (05-21-2009)
Old 10-12-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
mohanboyapati is on a distinguished road
Default Operator Pallet

When you load the .wrl file of operator and pallet, are we changing the shape of a transporter or an operator alone. The reason I am asking is that I am not sure how to use the Pallet alone for different operators working at specific machine to move their products to different Qs. Esp. if the labor resource should be a constraint in the model.

Thanks

Mohan
Old 10-14-2009
Flexsim User

Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough

The shape is of the operator and the pallet truck, you can't split them easily. To do what you want to do you would have to use a co-ordinated task sequence and have a truck and operator join together when required and then separate when they are finished operating. There is information on co-ordinated task sequences in the manual. I used the information in the manual and I was able to produce some very good models showing operators getting on and off fork trucks.
Old 03-24-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

I am using a trolley with operator to transfer flow items between queues using Animation creator.when the operator is travelling with load i am getting the desired animation.But when the operator is travelling empty the operator is not holding the trolley but walking.I want the operator to hold trolley when travelling empty

Can anyone fix this problem.

Last edited by sagar bolisetti; 12-24-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 07-23-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 7
bradprizer is on a distinguished road
Default Pallet Jack 3D image/animation

The attached file links no longer work. Anyone willing to share a pallet jack that I can insert into a model?
Old 02-19-2016
Flexsim Consultant, Super Moderator

Downloads: 352
Uploads: 6
Ben Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

You can find many free pallet jack shapes online. I've found this one at Sketchup's 3D warehouse:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...b70f50d079bfa8

I used Sketchup to remove one of the two pallet jacks from the shape. It is attached. There are a couple of ways you could use a pallet jack in your model, depending on your particular simulation needs:

- If you just want a pallet jack and you are fine seeing one move about on its own (without a person), just drag out a TaskExecutor object and change its 3D shape to your new pallet jack: https://vimeo.com/album/3529786/video/136854213

- If you want to have a person always walking with it, you can add the pallet jack shape into an operator. Basic operation doesn't change from just having the operator - you've just added a prop to the operator's shape: https://vimeo.com/album/3529786/video/136863470

- If you want the operator to be able to act independently of the pallet jack, you will need to have 2 completely separate task executors and create custom task sequences. The attached example model does this (FlexSim 7.7). And this video shows the complete creation of the attached model: https://vimeo.com/album/3529786/video/136871297
Attached Files
File Type: zip PalletJackFiles.zip (344.0 KB, 539 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ben Wilson For This Useful Post:
syseo (06-07-2016)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fluid "Pallet" Flowitems Maurits Brandt Q&A 4 11-12-2007 12:37 PM