ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-26-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Christian Norregaard will become famous soon enough
Default Conveyor to conveyor transfer criteria

Hello Everyone.

I am working on upgrading some of my earlier models to use the new conveyor module, and I seem to have hit a small bump on the road.

In the attached model, I have built a small and simple system. A source is connected to a conveyor, which is connected to a sink. Another conveyor is connected at a 90 degree angle from the first conveyor and to another sink.

What I would like is for the flow items to go to a specific sink based on the flow item label, "SinkNumber".

How do I set it up, so the flow items with the "SinkNumber" 2 are transfered to the side conveyor leading to Sink2?

I tried looking at Photo Eyes and Decision Points, but none of them seemed to work for me. Is there some sort of pull criteria somewhere, that I am missing?

It is probably extremely simple and obvious, but I can't really seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Christian
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Conveyor transfer.fsm (17.1 KB, 568 views)
Old 05-26-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Christian,

Approach with decision points.
Add decision points in front the transfer gap, behind the gap on the first and on the second conveyor. You have got three decision points on your conveyor system. Please connect the first decision point with the others using an object connection (type "a"). In the properties of the first decision point you can send the items on continue by label to the output port of your decision point.

Jörg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
sagar bolisetti (05-26-2015)
Old 05-26-2015
Flexsim User

Thanks, Jörg.

I will give it a try. :-)
Old 05-26-2015
Flexsim User

Ok, now I see. A decision point can be connected to exit transfers (Or other decision points) - not objects outside the conveyor system. So the conveyor system takes care of getting the flow item where it is needed. Clever. :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to Christian Norregaard For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (05-26-2015)
Old 06-17-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Kaitlyn Mayowski is on a distinguished road
Default Post Fixed Model?

Christian,

Can you post the model with the fix? I am trying to fix my own model with this same issue and just cannot get it to work. It would be so helpful to see an example.
Old 06-17-2015
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Hi Kaitlyn,

The attached is a sample model which uses decision points for routing.

Regards,

Arun KR
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Conveyor transfer_AKR.fsm (17.6 KB, 515 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (06-18-2015)
Old 06-18-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Kaitlyn Mayowski is on a distinguished road

Arun KR,

Thank you for the model! Much appreciated. I also talked with Tech Support yesterday who informed me that I was putting my main decision point (with the logic) too close to (or a fraction past) the midpoint of the 90 degree conveyor. Therefore the flowitem had already passed the point to be able to move to the other conveyor by the time it received the logic to do so. Your model clearly has the main decision point slightly before the 90 degree conveyor, which works perfectly.

Thanks again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaitlyn Mayowski For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (06-18-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting endpoint of conveyor Christian Norregaard Q&A 3 11-07-2014 12:59 PM
Loading at the End of the conveyor FlorianK Q&A 4 04-12-2013 03:40 AM
Unable to transfer good according to the level of conveyor Grayson Su Q&A 5 12-22-2010 03:53 PM
What is the difference between a Conveyor and Basic Conveyor shivrash Q&A 2 07-21-2009 04:09 AM
retrieving name of conveyor Shankar Narayan Q&A 2 11-30-2008 04:16 PM