ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Installation
Downloads

Installation Installation, licensing and hardware issues

Old 11-23-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice
Default Problem with License Manager

Hello,

Until a couple of days ago, we've been working with no problem with version 5 on a network, now i don't know why the lmadmin service stoped working.

When trying to start manually the service from the task manager i get a cannot complete operation, access denied message. When going to services and trying to start it there. the service starts and stops inmediatly and the second time i get Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

I already tried unstalling and ereinstalling the license manager and i'm still getting the same problem. Yesterday i changed the licence to another computer, and it worked ok until today and i'm getting the same problem.

any help is appreciated...

regards

Pablo Concha Erilkin

pd.- using windows vista the first time and now on a computer with windows 7...
Old 11-24-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Hi

I have also faced the similar problem. The lmadmin service stopped and could not start again. I have re-install but it still could not work. I have moved on to install the lmtool instead. Now they are working.

David
Phil BoBo (11-29-2010)
Old 11-25-2010
Flexsim User

Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

Thanks, gonna try lmtools the next time this happens. in the mean time the old server was due to a format, now lmadmin is working so far...

regards

Pablo Concha Erilkin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pablo Concha For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (11-29-2010)
Old 11-25-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Pablo,

Could you elaborate more what do you mean by 'format' problem? It could help me to solve my problem too.

Thanks

David
Old 11-26-2010
Flexsim User

Maybe i didn't expressed it correctly. i meant i had to reformat the computer (erase the hard drives and reinstall everything). i could not make it work on the same computer after the error started unless i did the format thing...

regards

Pablo Concha Erilkin
The Following User Says Thank You to Pablo Concha For This Useful Post:
David Chan (11-27-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I reset Flexnet license manager password? David Chan Installation 7 06-28-2011 07:48 PM
Network license through VPN AlanZhang Installation 8 10-27-2010 07:58 AM
license problem relating to adsl zhang xin Installation 3 08-23-2010 08:30 AM
How to Use the license in two operating system in One PC? syseo Installation 1 05-17-2010 10:43 AM