ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-19-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
rrkpradeep is on a distinguished road
Default Splitting Problem

hi,

i am a engg. graduate .i am new to flexsim.i am doin a project on process simulation.i have a problem.in the file I have attached i have a separator16. It has to duplicate the item which flows in from processor3 and it has to sent the two duplicated items into processor5 and processor6 each at a time.can any one help me out .

Regards
Pradeep
Attached Files
File Type: zip process.zip (51.4 KB, 299 views)
Old 03-19-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

Hello,

i took a look at the model and my opinion, becouse the processors after the separator have a maximum content of 1, and you are not using a queue in betwen separator and processors; if you use the default send to port on the flow tab on the processor (that is first available port) it should work as you want it to, ... round robin works too...

regards,

Pablo Concha E.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pablo Concha For This Useful Post:
rrkpradeep (03-19-2008)
Old 03-19-2008
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

Yes, you have an error in the Separator16 Send To Port evaluation. As Pablo said, change the Separator16 Send To Port to either "First available" (the default option) or "Round Robin".

Kris
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
rrkpradeep (03-19-2008)
Old 03-19-2008
Flexsim User

Default splitting problem

hi,

Thanks for the reply.i have rectified the send to port error.can u tell me why there is a slight delay for both the items from processor10 and processor11 to meet in the combiner.Coz the process timings for processors 10 and 11 is same.

Thanks & Regards
pradeep
Old 03-19-2008
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

Pradeep,

You have entered normal(50,15) (a statistical distribution) into the Process Time of both Processor10 and 11. Although in writing they are identical, each time it is executed it will randomly return a value within the statistical curve. So, Processor10 and 11 have the same behavior, but they are not likely to exhibit the same processing time at a given moment in time.

I question whether normal(50,15) is a true representation of the process time because with such a large standard deviation (15) relative to the mean (50) this distribution will surely return a negative process time at some point.

Kris
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
rrkpradeep (03-19-2008)
Old 03-19-2008
Flexsim User

Default splitting problem

hi kris,

Thank u for the reply.ill try to verify the data from the sources.

Thanks & Regards,
Pradeep