ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > User Development
Downloads

User Development User developed add-ons to Flexsim

Old 09-20-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Howe Chiat Cheng is on a distinguished road
Question Customizing Flowitem Bin

Hi,

Is there any way that I can customize the items in the flowitem bin for a particular user library such that the changes remain when I close the program and re-load the library?

I do not want to use the OnCreation trigger to change the 3-D shape of the flowitem.

Thanks.
Old 09-21-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 27
Esther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to allEsther Bennett is a name known to all

Hello Howe,

Open the flowitem bin and select the object that you want to modify. I would suggest that you create a new object by pressing the <New item> button. This will create a new flowitem, based on the item you have selected. Now change the properties of the new flowitem as you wish.
Finally, right click the flowitem and select the 'Add to user library' option.

Esther
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Esther Bennett For This Useful Post:
Tom David (09-21-2010)
Old 06-24-2014
Flexsim User

Carolina Piccoli is on a distinguished road
Default invalid node remove command

I am using this approach to create new taskexecuterflowitems and save them to an user library. However, when I start a new model and load the library and directly run the model everything goes fine. But once I reset the model, the items from the library are excluded (consequently from the flowitem bin) and an invalid node remove command appears and the program stops responding.

Should I change something on the On Reset model trigger? I am a beginner and I don't have a clue on what to do.

PS. I want taskexecuterflowitems to have a box shape. I changed the base frame to a box and deleted the person shape by editing the visual/animations. Could this procedure have something to do with the error?

Last edited by Carolina Piccoli; 06-24-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-24-2014
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

What version of FlexSim are you using? Also, are you using a valid license or the demo version of the software?

We fixed a bug with regards to adding flowitems to user libraries in version 7.1.0. The switch_destroyonreset() was not being set properly so the flowitem template in the Flowitem Bin was being destroyed on reset. If you are using an older version of FlexSim, you should update to the latest version (7.1.4). If you are using the evaluation version, then flowitems in user libraries will not work properly; you will need a licensed version of the software to use this feature.

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 06-24-2014 at 11:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Carolina Piccoli (06-25-2014)
Old 06-25-2014
Flexsim User

I am using 7.1.0 with a student license.

I will download the updated version. If the problem persists I will come back to you.

Thank you very much!
Old 06-25-2014
Flexsim User

I installed version 7.1.4 and it is still giving the same error once I reset the model and run it "invalid node remove command".

I attached a very simple model with a simplified version of my user library (only two new flowitems). When I run the model with the default taskexecuterflowitem it works. Then I load the user library and run the model with the Barge flowitem and run it without resetting the model and it also works. Once I reset the model the user library items are excluded from the bin and of course the model doesn't work anymore.

I already tried different libraries and different models and the same error occurs.

What should I do?

Thanks you,
Carolina
Attached Files
File Type: zip test_userlibrary.zip (19.3 KB, 34 views)
Old 06-25-2014
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil BoBo View Post
... If you are using the evaluation version, then flowitems in user libraries will not work properly; you will need a licensed version of the software to use this feature.

It looks like that this works only with full license.
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2014
Flexsim User

Thank you all for the replies.

I solved my problem by loading and installing the library on reset.
But now, a new UserLibrary1 is created every time I reset.
Is it possible to close the opened library also on reset before loading it again?
Old 06-25-2014
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

If you look in the tree for the library you can right click the node and copy it's path. Then on reset you use destroyobject with that node.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-25-2014
Flexsim User

Thank you!

Now it is working perfectly!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
About recycling flowitem problems Frans Zeng Q&A 4 06-08-2010 07:59 AM
Get itemtype for a flowitem in a task KelvinHo Q&A 4 10-21-2009 09:47 PM
Flowitem placement in Rack? shivrash Q&A 3 07-28-2009 12:28 AM
String as label of a flowitem Matthias Hofmann Q&A 2 09-18-2008 11:15 AM
Customizing Flowitem Attributes - a quest for the flowitem with the fewest attributes Cliff King Tips and Tricks 0 11-22-2007 12:22 PM