ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 06-08-2015
Seunguk Park

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Tasksequence problem.

Hi.

I use 4 tasksequence commands in queue 1 for using the 4 operators.

Problem- I made simulation model written in this PPT by using 4 operators.
Operator 1 is correctly working that I want. but operator 1,2 and 3 isn't workingthat I want.
For example, Operator 2 should pick up the itemtype 2 at loading position and unload it at unloading position.
However, if I run the simulation, operator 2 don't pickup the item when he arrived loading position at first.
But when operator 2 arrived loading position at second, he pick up the item.
however after 450 seconds, all operators doesn't work correctly.

Can someone please help me fix the model?
Your help is much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: pptx Problem(4).pptx (39.2 KB, 654 views)
File Type: fsm 인덱스_2.fsm (42.8 KB, 571 views)
Old 06-09-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Seunguk,

perhaps you can post your questions at this post. The content of your presentation is the same there and the creation time too. If you have difficulties to understand, how you can build the AGV lesson 3, please describe how far you have built your model and what doesn`t work.
Edit:
The problem of synchronization is you have no synchronization. Everytime an operator doesn't just travel he needs a bit more time to finish his task sequence. After some time the system loses the cycle time.
If you let start the next set of tasksequences in dependency to the last movement of an operator you can force the system to act synchron in each cycle. In combination of messages and a dispatcher you can transfer the creating of the tasksequences toward the dispatcher. To determine which tasksequence goes to which operator you can place the information in a tag task (TASKTYPE_TAG) or you look for the next destination the operator travels to. You don't have to build a tasksequence which contains a whole cycle. It is enough if each operator travels to the next queue.

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 06-09-2015 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Look into the model
Old 06-09-2015
Seunguk Park

Downloads: 0

Hi Jorg

Many thanks to your reply for the explanation. And I watched AGV 3 lesson.
but I don't understand your mention.
you said that "To determine which tasksequence goes to which operator you can place the information in a tag task (TASKTYPE_TAG) or you look for the next destination the operator travels to. You don't have to build a tasksequence which contains a whole cycle. It is enough if each operator travels to the next queue."

this mention is hard to understand for me. please describe more detailed.
Old 06-10-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

if you create a tasksequence in a dispatcher, the dispatcher has to pass this task sequence to an task executer at an output port. This information should be inside the tasksequence. You can querry the tasksequence to identify which taskexecuter or operator must do the tasks or you place the information which operator should receive the tasksequence as a tag in the tasksequence. If you place the information for example the output port as number in a tag task in the first parameter, which can be the first task of the tasksequence, you can use this as a direct reference in the Pass To function of the dispatcher.
Pass To
Code:
treenode tasksequence = parnode(1);
treenode current = ownerobject(c);
/** 1st tag variable */
return gettaskvariable(tasksequence,1,1);
Jörg

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Move active tasksequence Mauro Rigoni Q&A 1 12-20-2014 03:01 AM
Repeating Tasksequence Lorenzo Gutierrez Q&A 8 11-18-2013 07:59 PM
Tasksequence by using global table Jelmer Js Q&A 7 04-20-2011 09:01 AM
one question about tasksequence? LINWEIXU Q&A 12 08-12-2009 08:01 PM
Remove a tasksequence from a tasksequencequeue? AlanZhang Q&A 11 10-19-2007 03:50 PM