ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 04-28-2015
Paul Wiedeking

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Decelartion of TE on network

Hi everybody

currently, I build a very simple model consisting of a TE (elevator)
traveling on a two node network up and down. The elevator picks up
a flowitem at the ground level and drops it in the upper level. I specified
the acceleration and deceleration property of the elevator but only the
acceleration has a visible effect on its speed. The elevator arrives with full
speed at the levels and stops immediatly without decelerating. Why?

Does it need manual adaption of the tasksequences to use decelartion?

A attached my example model (FlexSim 7.5).

Thanks in advance
Paul
Attached Files
File Type: fsm deceleration.fsm (16.5 KB, 509 views)
Old 04-28-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Paul,

as I understand the deceleration parameter is used when an Taskexecuter travels on a network and the edge he travels on has got a speed limit smaller then his current speed. A deceleration you see too when the taskexecuter is in Offset traveling.
Jörg
Old 04-29-2015
Paul Wiedeking

Hi Joerg

thanks for your reply.
Ok, obviously I had a wrong imagination of how the decelaration property
is applied. Nevertheless, I want my elevator to decelerate when arriving at
its destination network node. Currently, I can only think of some sophisticated
manual calculations of the point where the elevator has to start decelerating and
insert a new network node right at this point and decreas all speedlimits between
the newly inserted node and the destination node accordingly...

But this approach seems too complicated to me.
Any suggestions how to solve this problem more elegantly?

Paul
Old 04-29-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Have you looked at Kinematics? That gives you precise control over what ever movement you need.
Old 04-29-2015
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Correct acceleration/deceleration is the elevator's default behavior without network nodes.

It would be nice if disabling offset travel on networks also gave the correct speeds.
Old 04-29-2015
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

If you use traveltoloc, you'd be forcing offset travel for the whole movement, which will use the acceleration/deceleration. Example of that attached creates ts on the source reads the network node locations, and assumes the you're dispatching directly to the elevator.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm deceleration_jl.fsm (16.8 KB, 523 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Tom David (05-07-2015)
Old 04-29-2015
Paul Wiedeking

Hi Jason

thank you very much for your solution.
Works perfectly and solves my problem.

Maybe deceleration for non-offset travel is a feature for
future releases?

Paul
Old 04-29-2015
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

The default task sequence uses the task executer's max speed as the end speed for the 2 travel tasks in the task sequence.

If you use the "Task Sequence Example_1" pick option in the Use Transport field and change var1 on the travel tasks to -1, then it will use zero as the end speed of the travel task and will decelerate to 0 at the end of the travel task.

Attached is your model modified accordingly.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	tasktype_travel_var1_endspeed.png
Views:	819
Size:	274.5 KB
ID:	2842  
Attached Files
File Type: fsm deceleration.fsm (16.8 KB, 455 views)
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Tom David (05-07-2015)
Old 04-29-2015
Paul Wiedeking

Hi Phil

that's exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you very much for your hint.

Cheers
Paul

Tags
elevator deceleration

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Expertfit cannot find network key - Flexsim Network License Kris Geisberger Q&A 0 02-05-2008 05:10 PM