ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-24-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Sung Kim is on a distinguished road
Default Debuging stops at unmarked Breakpoint

Hi, I have a trouble to use the debugging breakpoint. When I turned on the brakpoints, the model stops at a point that I didn't mark or check.
I tried many ways to get rid of the unexpected stop by doing
turning on and off all breakpoints,
recompile,
close and reopen model,
move around the breakpoints,
adding additional logic or comment line,
rename and save the model,
etc. etc. etc.

I couldnt get rid of the stops! Only way I can avoid the nuisance stop is turning off all of the debugging breakpoints.
Does anybody have the same experience?
Is it an indication of file corrupted or something?
Does it something to do with my logic??

The model runs well, though.
Please help me to get rid of the stop.

Thanks,
Sung
Old 08-24-2011
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Did you try Build-> BuildFlexscript from the main menu?
Can you see the code path in the listed breakpoints? If so you can highlight it and press the delete key to remove it.
Old 08-24-2011
Flexsim User

Default No code path after Build Script

Hi, Jason,
Thank you for your suggestion and comment!
Yes, I tried Build>BuildFlexscript many times (Before/after save/compile/close). It doesnt help, though.

I am not sure your second suggestion. I do see the code path for the break points I intentionally "marked" in the breakpoints window. I don't see the code path of the annoying ghost breakpoint that model stops at. If I see it, yes you are right, I might be able to disable it or uncheck or delete it. Is it what you want me to check? Or, is it something else I can see when I build Felxscript??

I even tried to mark the point (making red dot, even though it is not the point I want to stop) and uncheck it in the breakpoints window. It doesnt work. It is just wired to me that it wouldnt go away.

Here is an interesting finding, though.
The annoying stop point is at the point AFTER a logic block that has several nested IF blocks. If I commented out nested IF blocks (replacing a dummy assign statment because no empty block allowed for IF) up to the top IF statement, it goes away.
I seems like the ghost breakpoint has something to do with my logic??
If I put the nested IF logic back, no matter what, the model wants to stop after the logic, even though I didnt mark or make it stop.

(Sigh..)
Old 08-24-2011
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

This is a known issue, and it's on the development list. It comes up so seldom and it's hard to reproduce. Is there any chance you could post your code that causes the problem?
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Christensen For This Useful Post:
Sung Kim (08-24-2011)
Old 08-24-2011
Flexsim User

Hi, Alex!

Thank you for your note!! Attached is the copy of my code. Apology for not uploading my entire model. I added some comments to explain what it does, but it is a basic "loop and if" logic to determine the exceptional dock door assignment using global table. As you see, I also use global macro values, add/delete/sort table command. I hope I didn't misuse or abuse the commands. Thank you again for your answer. I hope it helps to find out the cause.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1483  
Old 08-26-2011
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Just an idea, but maybe it's usefull:

Have you checked the node MAIN:/project/model/Tools/Breakpoints ? If you haven't set any breakpoints this node should be empty.

Maybe there's something strange in this node that causes the problem
Old 08-26-2011
Flexsim User

Hi, Carsten,
Thank you for the suggestion and idea.
Yes, I checked the treenode as you suggested, and no node for the nuisance ghost stop (Basically the nodes match to the Debug/Breakpoints menu window profile), but model still stops at the point that is not in the treenode, Breakpoints profile, or unmarked as red dot.

I know, it might not be a huge issue, but once it happens it could be very much annoying for the debugging.

Like Alex pointed out, I learned it was a known issue and Flexsim tries to find out what is going on. Until then, we could probably help them by reporting any same/similar experience, idea, or suggestion, as you do.

Thanks, again, Carsten.
Old 08-29-2011
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Sung Kim,

You should send your model to support so that we can take a look at it to figure out why this issue is happening.

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 08-29-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BasicConveyor stops too late? Steven Hamoen Q&A 3 04-20-2010 09:51 AM
reservoir stops releasing Alistair Smitheman Q&A 7 08-14-2009 05:54 AM