ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-26-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Joseph Mueller is on a distinguished road
Default Counting # of times machine is waiting on operator

I have been looking for some way to count the number of times a process, queue, or really anything is in a state of waiting due to an operator not being available. Has anyone tackled something like this that could help me out.

I am new to flexsim and not the strongest coder but I am very avid in learning so I am sorry if this is something easily tracked, but I can use any help.

Thanks,
Old 03-27-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

So you are looking for a way to count, at specific times what objects are not in state waiting?
Or do you looking for a way to find out how long objects are waiting?
Old 03-27-2013
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

If the operator is used for transport, then in the transportdispatcher field (the one beside the "Use Transport" check box) you could insert the following to send a message to the object itself:

Code:
senddelayedmessage(current,0,current);
(you might want to use a very small value instead of 0)

Then in the OnMessage trigger:

Code:
if(getstatenum(current) == STATE_WAITING_FOR_TRANSPORT)
	inc(label(current,"WaitingForTransport"),1);
Be sure to add a number label on the object called "WaitingForTransport" (or whatever you want to call your label)

As an alternative to the label, I suggest using a Tracked Variable so you can obtain history, and they integrate well with the Dashboard and Experimenter.

If you are using the operator for a setup or process, I would lean towards adding an OnStateChange eventfunction to send the message from there. I have attached a model of this approach.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm count waiting occurances - OnStateChange.fsm (120.7 KB, 79 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Marco Bergmann (01-29-2014)
Old 04-09-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Joseph Mueller is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help everyone. The help is much appreciated.
Old 01-29-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Marco Bergmann is on a distinguished road

I have a simple questions:
-How can i add "onStateChange" eventfunction to my object?
-Why this is not an event which i can use as a trigger?

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Counting Flow Items Gavin Douglas Q&A 1 03-07-2013 06:52 PM
Using probability to indicate machine/operator availbility David Chan Q&A 13 02-18-2011 02:03 AM
State "Waiting for Operator" (2) Donatus Minio Q&A 1 02-24-2009 05:19 AM
State Waiting for Operator Nico Zahn Q&A 6 01-15-2009 09:00 AM
Operator dependent process times Unregistered Pre-sales Questions 7 05-23-2008 03:01 PM