ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-23-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
mbaccalaro is on a distinguished road
Default Sketchup color

What color do I have to use in Google Sketchup to make it changeable in Flexsim?

Thanks.
Old 11-17-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 32
Alberto Serra is on a distinguished road

good question, may be very intresting for me too!
Old 11-17-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Take a look at this topic that will give you more information
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=1438

What you can do is to create a material called 0_fsclr in SketchUp.
It is very important that the material is first in the material list.

Assign 0_fsclr to the surfaces you want to control in Flexsim.

Lars-Olof
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Lars-Olof Leven For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-17-2010)
Old 04-04-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 20
Stephan Seidel will become famous soon enough
Question Sketchup Color

Hi All,

I'm just playing around with Sketchup to evaluate its features in comparison to AC3D and I was wondering whether this issue with the changeable colour has been solved for any of the Sketchup users.
I've tried all the suggestions in the other thread but none worked for me. Flexsim doesn't allow me to change the colour of my .skp object.

Many thanks,
Stephan
Old 04-08-2011
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough

Hi Lars-Olof,

I could not make this 0_fsclr work. If I assign a face with the 0_fsclr material, it won't change color in Flexsim. Instead, if I use default color (or material) in SketchUp, I can assign color in Flexsim. However, it is not working all the time especially when I tried to modify models from someone else. I assigned default color/material to several faces. Some face can change color in Flexsim. Some don't. Any hints on this?

Thanks.
Old 04-09-2011
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Sorry, no hint.

I tried different things and get same result as you.

The only that can help us are Flexsim. I hope they read this and replay.

Lars-Olof
Old 04-11-2011
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

We've fiddled with this for a while, and we've figure out that you can get the color to show through by, first, giving the involved surfaces the "default color", which is the half-white/half-gray color on the right of the materials tool window, and, second, making sure those surfaces are ordered first in the file structure. The first is pretty simple, but the second task has proven pretty difficult for complex models that are downloaded from Google 3D Warehouse, since Sketchup's UI is pretty opaque regarding the order in which geometry is structured. So, Phil's going to look into this some more and he'll get back on this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Stephan Seidel (04-12-2011)
Old 04-11-2011
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

I just posted step-by-step instructions for how to remove materials and order surfaces in Sketchup here:
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...ead.php?t=1723

Tags
sketchup color change

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to change color of 3D object made in 3D Max qin tian Q&A 3 03-26-2013 10:27 PM
Sketchup Pro Export Settings Joshua Cole Q&A 7 03-15-2011 10:08 AM
Does Flexsim support Google SketchUp ? qin tian Q&A 10 02-05-2011 12:04 PM
How to change color when full? Jamie Santa Ana Q&A 2 09-23-2009 06:00 PM
3DS Changeable Color Greig Marshall Q&A 4 06-25-2008 01:36 AM