ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-18-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
abhattarai is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Maintaining continuous flow in conveyors with multiple speeds

Hello people,

I am modeling a Galvanizing plant of an steel manufacturer. I am having problem with creating a continuous flow of items on conveyors with multiple speed.

So in my model, a processor reads the parameters of an item and one of the parameter is the velocity. The processor assigns the velocity of an item to the conveyors downstream on which the item passes later on.

Now when the items X pass from conv A with speed 5m/s to convB with speed 6m/s, there is no longer a continous flow and gap between items.

Could anyone of you suggest me how can I solve this problem.

Many thanks!
Old 03-18-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I think you should have a look for Basic Conveyor. There you can insert some acceleration / deceleration options which could harmonise your flow.

If this doesn´t what you want, I´m afraid I understood you wrong. So maybe share an example model to Show what you need.
Old 03-19-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Some time ago I build a model with a basic conveyor, which might be helpful.
The model cann be found in the download section:

Sample_BasicConveyorReverse_TD
http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...do=file&id=213

Tags
continuous flow line, conveyor, galvanizing line, speed

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
discharge box on the continuous space Shahin Gelareh Q&A 3 02-02-2012 02:56 AM
Continuous update Chieng Kai Seng Q&A 10 08-06-2011 09:51 AM
Question on Multiple transportors for a flow item KelvinHo Q&A 2 05-31-2010 12:34 AM
How to display the conveyors flow on the 2nd and third floor syseo Q&A 2 11-28-2008 03:28 AM
different simulation time by using different run speeds Jörg Vogel Q&A 5 09-19-2008 09:57 AM