ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > Flexsim CT > Container Terminal (CT) Library
Downloads

Old 10-26-2007
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flexsim CT Verson 1.5 prerelease

I'm posting here a pre-release version of Flexsim CT version 1.5. If you are willing to be a beta tester, please download and start working with this new version.

View latest below

In this new version we included a significant re-work of the ship schedule that is not completely backwards compatible, namely in regards to crane assignment. In version 1 you specifically assigned cranes to ships, but now CT has an auto-assignment algorithm. However, in order for the auto-assignment algorithm to work at least close to how it worked previously in your model, you will need to go to the Berth Layout tab of the Berth Planner, and designate certain berth junction points as "Crane allocation barriers" by checking the associated box. What this does is cause the auto-assignment algorithm to only assign cranes to their respective berths. Once you've set the crane allocation barriers, the model should work pretty similarly to the way it worked in version 1.0. You can also go to the ship schedule and assign each ship arrival a requested number of crane assignments, a priority for assigning cranes, and a maximum number of cranes to assign, to further tweak the crane assignment.

Other features added to this version include:
- twin lift capability
- "prenotifying" of yard resources so they can zoom to the bay/cell if they are idle. Same with quay cranes.
- a priority weighting strategy for the yard resources so they can do things like give priority to ship side operations.
- a trigger that lets you customize the task sequences that send a truck into the yard to stack/unstack a container.
- a speed tag column in the hatch profile that allows you to customize the moves per hour that are done for each part of a hatch profile.
- multi-week ship schedule
- reliability percentage for certain services
- various bug fixes

Please post to this thread if you decide to download and test this release, so I can know who is working with it. And obviously feel free to post questions on the release to this thread. Thanks!

P.S. We're working on documentation, but that probably won't be ready until Q1 2008.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ContainerTerminal.zip (1.68 MB, 403 views)

Last edited by Anthony Johnson; 11-13-2007 at 04:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Brandon Peterson (10-08-2009)
Old 10-29-2007
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the hard work! I downloaded it.
Alan
Old 10-31-2007
Flexsim Software Products, Inc.

Downloads: 0
Heidi Johnson is on a distinguished road

I downloaded it too. Thanks, Anthony.
Old 10-31-2007
Port of Cartagena

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 2
Mauricio Franco is on a distinguished road

Great!! of course I will.
email: [email protected] tel: 57 5 6502243
Port of Cartagena (www.puertocartagena.com)
Old 11-09-2007
Trent Richards

Downloads:
Uploads:

You'll teach me to be self suficent yet Anthony, I too downloaded the software. And pending any gottcha's I'll likely install it all on my own too. See how much I've learned.
Old 11-13-2007

Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prerelease beta 2

Found and fixed several bugs in the last one. Try this one if you want to further beta test. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ContainerTerminal.zip (1.68 MB, 361 views)
Old 12-12-2007
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 35
Dirk-Jan will become famous soon enough

Anthony,
Did a quick play around and sent you some first remaks by E-mail.
I like the fact that we are able to program more if needed (triggers and 'advanced' options'). But you must make sure that you cannot overrwrite the dll triggers. Also saw that the objects still hold the old picklist formats.

Another question, when are you planning to put in the Straddle Carrier object?
DJ
Old 12-12-2007
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 35
Dirk-Jan will become famous soon enough

Another problem found. Flexsim CT together with latest (beta) Flexsim on Vista does not function: " could not load dll " failures.

DJ
Old 12-12-2007

Yeah, I realize that there are a lot of issues with the CT 1.5 prerelease, and I need to update them. But I'm very busy and haven't had the time yet. Please be patient.
Old 01-18-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 115
qin tian is on a distinguished road

Flexsim CT together with latest (beta) Flexsim on Vista does not function: " could not load dll " failures.

I have the same problem.