ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Healthcare (HC) > FlexSim HC: Q&A
Downloads

FlexSim HC: Q&A Questions about FlexSim Healthcare

Old 06-12-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Moving item into patient

Hi

Does anyone knows how to move an item into a patient and visi versa? I would like to model a part where a document is passed to a patient and he will need to pass to the doctor at the examination room.

Thanks

David
Old 06-14-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Joris van Balkom is on a distinguished road

Well you could use the move object function. This function could move the document in your patiënt on activity finish. And when you enter the examinaton room you can move the object out of the patiënt.

Does this make sense?

Greets
The Following User Says Thank You to Joris van Balkom For This Useful Post:
David Chan (06-14-2010)
Old 06-14-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Greets,

I have tried. However the movement of the patient seems to be freezed once item is moved into the patient.

David
Old 06-15-2010
Flexsim User

that weard. Have you tried adding an activity start when the items enters the patiënt? I don't have the time to experiment that why i ask it this way. Else you can look in the patient what happens if the object enters him.

Greets
Old 06-15-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joris van Balkom View Post
that weard. Have you tried adding an activity start when the items enters the patiënt? I don't have the time to experiment that why i ask it this way. Else you can look in the patient what happens if the object enters him.

Greets

I don't think David means that the patient is frozen on the track (no next activity), it's only the animation of the patient that get's frozen....if the next activity is Patient travels unnatended, he will go to the next location, but he won't walk, hell just hover in whatever was the last frame the patient was. At least that is what's happenning to me when trying this.

regards

Pablo Concha Erilkin
The Following User Says Thank You to Pablo Concha For This Useful Post:
David Chan (06-16-2010)
Old 06-15-2010
Flexsim User

oké well that's something i can't answer. Maybe cliff know's what happens. Is there anything strange about the tree of the patiënt when the items enters? maybe that's the thing to look at.

Hope this helps you.
Old 06-15-2010
Administrator

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 2
Bill Nordgren has much to be proud ofBill Nordgren has much to be proud ofBill Nordgren has much to be proud ofBill Nordgren has much to be proud ofBill Nordgren has much to be proud ofBill Nordgren has much to be proud ofBill Nordgren has much to be proud ofBill Nordgren has much to be proud of

I think there is a better way of doing this. Let me work out a solution and then I will post it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Nordgren For This Useful Post:
David Chan (06-16-2010)

Tags
healthcare, moving object, patient

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moving around objects on high Z-position Steven Hamoen Q&A 13 09-02-2013 03:16 AM
How to create probability functions in patient tracks? Lionel Lim FlexSim HC: Q&A 9 11-20-2009 03:29 PM
Moving Conveyor Brandon Peterson User Development 5 07-30-2009 06:53 PM
Operators moving backwards Nico Zahn Tips and Tricks 0 05-19-2008 04:51 AM
Moving Network Node Information into a Table Brandon Peterson Q&A 2 02-15-2008 09:46 AM