ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-01-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Uploads: 0
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold
Default Problems with using "Travel to Homelocation"

Hi,
I tried to build a model where a transporter takes a number of items out of a conveyor or elevator. Places them infront of the object. After the object is empty, starts to transport them to a queue. When all items are transported, the TE should go back to the conveyor and wait there for the next arriving items.
So I´ve done as seen in the attached model. But when I tried to use the "Travel to Homelocation" code in the "OnResourceAvailable" Trigger of TE it didn´t work. After some trying it worked but as you can see, there is a jump of the TE after the last item is transported.
Can anybody tell me my mistake?
Just tried to use a Dispatcher. But this way the TE jumps after transporting every Item. Now I think, the "Resource" gets available after every finished transport. Also can´t find anything in the Task Queue?
Looking forward to your replys.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Travel_Home_Problem.zip (100.4 KB, 179 views)
Old 12-07-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sebastian,

I have tested your model. You use a offset-travel- command on a transporter that shouldn't travel offset. Maybe the transporter is still on offset-travel when the standard tasksequence is executed. The transporter is still connected to NN6 by a red line. It jumps from the last offset travel location to the connected Networknode.

Use travel instead of traveltoloc as a tasktype. So the transporter doesn't leave the network. No Offset-travel occures.

Jörg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (12-09-2010)
Old 12-09-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for this hint. This is exactly what I looked for. Now it works

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Generate full Report" causing crash or error Paul Dowling Q&A 5 09-23-2010 11:04 AM
Is it possible one object comprised of the function of "combiner" and "separetor"? Vic Li Q&A 1 08-19-2008 04:41 AM
about "no select" and "show parameter window from side bar" qin tian Gripes and Goodies 3 03-21-2008 08:10 AM
Which variable stores "Properties -> General ->Flags -> Protected" information? KelvinHo Q&A 1 03-06-2008 06:18 AM
"Getting Started" and "Tutorial" models for v4.01 Cliff King Product Announcements 0 12-10-2007 07:34 PM