ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-13-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
seong is on a distinguished road
Default How can transpoter(Human) picks flowitems in different queue objects at once(Attach file is changed)

Hello.

I want to make a logistics system using FlexSim. But There are some problem to make the model.

There are 2 kind of flowitem.(ex Red, Green)
Each flowitem flows to each queue objects(Queue1, Queue2) by some transporters. The problem is "How can transpoter(Human) picks flowitems in different queue objects at once?" like following schedule.

move to Queue1 -> load flowitem1-> move to Queue2-> load flowitem2-> move to Queue3 -> unload all flowitem.

I heard that it is possible to use Global task sequence. So, I made a simple model using Global task sequence. But, the transporters loads just 2 red flowitems. Actually, I want to make the system that transporter loads a red flowitem in Q1 and moves to Q2 and loads a Green flowitem and unloads all items in Q3.

Thanks all
Attached Files
File Type: zip b(2).zip (47.9 KB, 355 views)
Old 08-13-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

You have a global task sequence, but you never use it in your model. It doesn't just magically happen
Currently, you're requesting transport the regular way. You need to use your global user event with the picklist option.
Also, there are probably bugs you haven't thought of, like what happens when there is a red box needing transport but no green box, or vice versa?
Old 08-14-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
seong is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks but,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Christensen View Post
You have a global task sequence, but you never use it in your model. It doesn't just magically happen
Currently, you're requesting transport the regular way. You need to use your global user event with the picklist option.
Also, there are probably bugs you haven't thought of, like what happens when there is a red box needing transport but no green box, or vice versa?
Thanks your reply.
I made Task Sequence. And I select "Use a predefined Global Task" option in flow tab of the Queue1. It was successful. But, The Labor loaded a red item. but failed to load green item. After loading red item, labor goes to Queue2 and return to Queue1 without loading Green Item.
Do you Why? The problem is that labor can not load a green item following Task Sequence.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2008
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 8
Alex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to beholdAlex Christensen is a splendid one to behold

There are a few problems that can arise when you do your own task sequences. One is that an object might not exist when you make the task sequence. Another is that an object might not be in the place you think it is. For example, in your model, when Request Transport From is fired in Q1, the item has not gone from the source to Q2 yet. When many things happen at the same time, sometimes they don't happen in the order you think they do. You can get around this by sending a delayed message with delay time 0 to make an event that happens after all the events at this time. In the onMessage trigger, you can create the task sequence after everything has moved.

I've attached an example model of this. I make my own task sequence in the OnMessage trigger of Q1 (not a global one), and I commented it so you can tell what I did (hopefully)
Attached Files
File Type: zip c.zip (49.5 KB, 253 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Christensen For This Useful Post:
shafizad (10-06-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Creating DLLs that attach to Flexsim Anthony Johnson Wiki Articles 0 01-10-2014 01:11 PM
Pulling from a Queue vs Sorting the Queue Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 3 03-03-2010 01:27 AM
Flowitems seems to disappear at the end of simulation run Tom David Q&A 2 07-16-2008 03:50 AM
Can Flexsim be used for modeling human services? Unregistered Pre-sales Questions 1 03-19-2008 06:56 PM