ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-14-2008
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough
Default Watch List

I was looking at the Flexsim manual and found the Watch List under Tools menu very interesting. According to the help, you can use Watch List to watch the changes to the object variables/attributes and fire some triggers. So potentially it could be quite useful for debugging and other purposes. However, very limited information is given in the help manual and no examples are provided. Some questions I have here:

1. If I have an object in a visual tool container, what I should put under the ObjectName?
2. What should be put under WatchVariable? Anything under variables in the object tree? What about the attributes? Where is this attribute list?
3. Is it possible that I can use the Watch List to watch object labels? If so, it would be very useful.

Some suggestion here:
1. An additional column could be added to turn on or off the watch variable.
2. An additional parameter can be passed into the OnChange trigger to tell which event makes the change to the value.
Old 06-16-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Alan,

Having looked at the watch list here are the answers to your questions:
1. If you had a Visual Tool called VT with a processor called P1 that you wanted to watch then you would put VT/P1 in the objct name column
2. The on reset of the watch list will search for a node in the object with a name equal to the watch variable column. So, if you wanted to watch a label called "Test" then you would put "Test" in the column, if you wanted the input then you would put "stats_input" (as that is the name of the node where that data is stored).
3. Answered above.

Adding a search to the watch list would be nice, maybe this is a user development project for someone.

Good Luck,
Brandon