ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-06-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Shankar Narayan is on a distinguished road
Question New Conveyor Module and Station object

I am looking for a sample model that shows the correct usage of Station object on a conveyor. I need the operator to remove boxes from a multi-section interconnected conveyor system to a worktable to work on it for certain time and then put the box back on the same conveyor at any point along the flow direction. I know I can trick the conveyor by breaking the section and introducing a gap and queue in the middle to model this but it ruins the nice 3D visuals

Appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction as to how to model this common behavior.

Thanks
Old 04-07-2016
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Shankar,
The station object is used to simulate a processing point ON the conveyor. If you want to move the item off the conveyor, process it, then move it back on, then you should just use the normal processor object, connect it to the conveyor with exit transfers and entry transfers, and then send to the exit transfer with a decision point.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Shankar Narayan (04-11-2016)
Old 04-11-2016
Flexsim User

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 0
Shankar Narayan is on a distinguished road

Anthony,

Appreciate the clarification. Will proceed as advised.

Thank you.

Tags
conveyor system, decision point, flexsim 2016, station

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Max content on a conveyor in new conveyor module Arne Bracke Q&A 0 02-11-2016 08:49 AM
Accumulation with conveyor module Clement Schaller Q&A 2 04-23-2015 07:45 AM
Conveyor Module Beta Anthony Johnson Product Announcements 9 02-20-2015 10:32 AM