ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-15-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Ong Wu Sheng is on a distinguished road
Default Regarding the function of Time table in Flexsim

Hi all,

I am using Time table for my simulation. I only know how to simulate the case to be open-close-open for the input. Therefore if i want to simulate close-open-close or open-close-open, how can I do it by using the time table function in Flexsim using the row, time, state and duration?

I also have doubt on how Flexsim read my input. I realised that it does not read it row by row.

Therefore if I want to simulate a solution of close-open-close, for close is 36sec, open for 71sec and close for 55sec, how do I input to the row, time, state and duration in the time table?

Ong Wu Sheng
Old 12-16-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hi,
I would try it with inverse the times of the open- close- open modell and run it the same way. This means, I would make the first 36seconds down time than 71seconds operation up time and than back to down time for 55seconds.
What time unit you use for the simulation is similar and should only fit to the time in the time table. Or probably you can convert the time units to each other.
Hope this helps you. If not, please post your modell that I can have a look.

Greetings
Old 12-16-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I believe the state row only is for the information what state you want later in the statistics for the operational down time and doesn´t change anything else.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All time related values 0,0000001 time units delayed Patrick Cap Q&A 2 05-01-2009 01:50 AM
Can I make a column of a global table to type table? qin tian Q&A 0 10-01-2008 09:27 PM
CONVERTING FLEXSIM TIME UNITS TO DATES Dan Cremer Q&A 1 08-11-2008 08:54 AM
Reading Stats function from global table David Chan Q&A 4 05-27-2008 08:51 AM
Does there exist a function that can calculate the time weighted average of a value in a Global tabl qin tian Q&A 4 01-20-2008 07:01 PM