ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-16-2016
Thomas Wyssenbach

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Question How to set TE as FlowItems animations to initial view

Hello all
My question is probably a very simple issue; I just have not yet found a proper solution.
In my model, I use several "characters" as "TE as FlowItems". At certain points, I would like them to stand still with their arms spread out horizontally - similar to the initial state when placing them in the model. After a few seconds, the should continue with the regular animation, as "walk" or "stand". Does anyone know a solution to set the animation/visual state to the initial state with FlexScript?
I am aware, that I could create/adapt a new animation for this - but would rather prefer a simple way: e.g. to use the initial visual (without animations).
Thanks for your support and your thoughts on this!
Old 05-16-2016
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

The bind pose is frame 1 in his animation. The best way to get back to the bind pose after another animation has already been started is to run an animation that only contains the bind pose frame.

Add an animation clip that only has frame 1. Then add an animation that uses that animation clip. Then when you want to go into that pose, call startanimation() on that animation.

Attached is a model that shows how you can do this with a task executer flowitem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	bindpose.png
Views:	581
Size:	425.1 KB
ID:	3263   Click image for larger version
Name:	bind_pose_te_flowitem.png
Views:	640
Size:	158.9 KB
ID:	3266  
Attached Files
File Type: fsm bind_pose_te_flowitem.fsm (15.7 KB, 585 views)

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 05-16-2016 at 10:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Thomas Wyssenbach (05-16-2016)
Old 05-16-2016
Thomas Wyssenbach

Question

Thank you very much Phil - the first part works great.
Now I am having a small additional problem: When applying this to an TE standing on a queue, the animation switches back after one animation run (1s; according to the animation length). See attachment; "processor 1"

Therefore I have tried to change the Repeat Type of the animation to to "Repeat Indefinitely", which causes another problem of not taking the animation (e.g. "walk") automatically again. See attachment; "processor 2"

Is there a simple way, to overcome this? The problem in my real model is, that the time on the queue is individually determined and the TE will move quite a bit after this "stand still" sequence.

PS: Sorry for the nonsence with the third source, processor7,e etc. They are just there to create "uncoordinated" events :-)
Attached Files
File Type: fsm bind_pose_te_flowitem_open_question.fsm (23.5 KB, 539 views)
Old 05-16-2016
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

In the Processor1 line, you can move the logic from OnEntry into OnMessage using a delayed message in 0 time so that it starts the Bind animation after the default "Use Operator Animations" starts the Stand animation.

In the Processor2 line, you can Stop Animation on "Bind" in the OnExit trigger so that it is only doing the Walk animation and not both.

See the attached model.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm bind_pose_te_flowitem_open_question2.fsm (23.7 KB, 610 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Thomas Wyssenbach (05-16-2016)
Old 05-16-2016
Thomas Wyssenbach

Smile

Thanks Phil, makes sense - now. Thanks for your support!

Tags
animation taskexecuter

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Activate/deactivate Components in Animations during Runtime Thomas Wyssenbach Q&A 2 05-07-2016 05:45 AM
Bone Animations Phil BoBo Tips and Tricks 0 01-29-2016 02:55 PM
Help! How to set initial number in the rack? Winda Chia Q&A 1 07-31-2013 04:37 AM
Random stream initial values Sucharith Vanguri Q&A 12 03-10-2011 11:52 AM
Initial Inventory Pschilthuis Q&A 2 03-03-2010 07:44 AM