ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-20-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Angie Williamson is on a distinguished road
Default Combiner problem

I am trying to get my combiner to take a tote from a source, pack it with 10 cases, and then send it to a queue as one item. It acts like it is supposed to but it does not look like it is supposed to, the cases do not actually go in the tote. I have it set up to pack 10 units to port 1, and I am supplying the totes unlimited through a source.

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

The idea of the Combiner is that the container (tote, pallet) comes through Port 1 and the contents (units, items, products) through Port 2.
Connect the tote source as input port 1 and the content ports to 2 and higher.
This hopefully will solve your issue.
Old 04-21-2010
Simulation Consultant

Downloads: 18
Rachid Kolfin will become famous soon enoughRachid Kolfin will become famous soon enough

Angie,

Based on your description I assume that your combiner is working fine. The only thing is that the visualisation is not perfect. If you look at the flowitem tote it does not have an OnReceive node such as the "Pallet" flowitem. If you change the tote source to a "pallet source', you will see that the visulaisation looks a lot better. If you want to do this with the tote, you are going to have to create an "OnReceive" node (you can basicly copy the one from the pallet). Or if you want to make it really simple, you can just not show the contents of the tote..

I hope that I was able to help you.

Good luck,

Rachid Kolfin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rachid Kolfin For This Useful Post:
Tom David (04-21-2010)
Old 04-21-2010
Flexsim User

Default Combiner problem

Thanks for the help. You are right that the pallet works, but I can't seem to find where to change the tote settings. Do I change it in the flowitem bin or the source or some other way?

Thanks again.
Angie
Old 04-21-2010
Simulation Consultant

Downloads: 18
Rachid Kolfin will become famous soon enoughRachid Kolfin will become famous soon enough

Angie,

If you go into the tree and then into the Flowitem bin in the pallet, you can see that it has a node called "behaviour'. You can copy this node into the tote. I think it will not be perfect. You will probably have to make some modifications to the function called there.

Good luck,

Rachid Kolfin
The Following User Says Thank You to Rachid Kolfin For This Useful Post:
George Serhan (01-29-2012)
Old 04-21-2010
Flexsim User

Default Combiner problems

Rachid,
I will give it a try!

Thanks,
Angie
Old 04-21-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 41
Anthony Timmiss will become famous soon enoughAnthony Timmiss will become famous soon enough

Hi Angie

I usually find it easier to copy the pallet in the flow item bin and change it to look like the object you want.

You can then put code in the onRecieve trigger to control where each item is located when it is packed.

This is an example of code in one of my older models where I was packing 2 parts onto a modified pallet.

{
if (getrank(i)==1)
{
setloc(i,.8,.35,.75);
}
else
{
setloc(i,0,.35,.75);
}
}

Anth
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Timmiss For This Useful Post:
George Serhan (01-29-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Releasing to a Combiner Alistair Smitheman Q&A 7 05-15-2009 04:04 AM
a combiner question Vic Li Q&A 2 08-19-2008 03:42 AM
Combiner: add data to a new row in a globaltable Jörg Vogel Tips and Tricks 0 07-02-2008 07:39 AM
Combiner problem Simon Farsah Q&A 4 05-29-2008 06:34 AM
Select input for a combiner KelvinHo Q&A 6 04-22-2008 09:34 PM