ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-29-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 39
Uploads: 0
vasiliki grigorakaki is on a distinguished road
Default Can't find objects

Hello.I have created a model, but when i tried to find an object (by choosing: modelling utilities: find objects), i realised that it contains only a few of the total items. When i put a new object, it can't find it too.
Now, i want to create a Time Table and i can't, because i can't select the object i want. Why does this happen?
Old 01-30-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I tried what you speak about in one of my models and didn´t got any problems. Maybe you can describe a little more what you want to do, what you do and what happens. Even with examples!? What kind of objects you don´t find?
Old 01-30-2012
Flexsim User

In my model there is a source, some queues, visual tools, conveyors, operators, combiners and a sink. I understood that something goes wrong, when i went to: View:Modeling Utilities:Find objects. For example, when i select to give me the sources that exist in the model, it shows 0 sources.
This isn't a problem, because i can select the items i wan't directly. The problem is that when i tried to make a time table, in the list where i should choose the items for whom i want the time table, it only shows the sink and the queues. The other items of the model are not shown. In other models i didn't have this problem and it's too big to do it from the beginning.
Old 01-30-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I understand what you are explaining but can´t find out your problem without seeing your model.
First I thought, you probably could have set anything else than "Model" in your "Find Objects" GUI in second Picklist under Class. But this wouldn´t explain the problem with your Timetables.
Think you did use Containers for your different areas and this way it even is possible different objects got same names in your model!? This sometimes causes trouble. But I tried it in my model and still everything works fine.

Only idea I´ve got is, that anything in your tree went wrong. Or object data doesn´t realize your objects as Sources.
Old 01-30-2012
Flexsim User

Thank you for your reply. The truth is that in other models i've made, there wasn't such a problem and names are not the same. I can't understand what is wrong. Thank you.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to find where goes wrong quickly john mic Q&A 2 11-03-2010 10:06 AM
Where can I find Programming Language Reference ? Robert Liu Q&A 3 10-26-2009 02:40 AM
change the objects in self modeled objects Manuel Kraenzle Q&A 7 10-27-2008 02:29 PM
Error: Cannot find the input table or query 'Objects'. AlanZhang Q&A 8 05-04-2008 07:06 PM
Find all nodes toggled as C++ Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 0 04-18-2008 03:36 PM