ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-05-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Tim Splettstoesser is on a distinguished road
Question Problem with the Decisionpoints on the BasicConveyor

Hey all,
I'm experimenting with the BasicConveyor and built a TurningStation.
At the first DesicionPoint on the BC the Item rotates 90 degrees about his own edge and moves to the last DesicionPoint, which is releasing the Item.
On Run of the attached Modell, the first Item does what i want, but the second item covers both DecisionPoints in the same time.
Does anybody know, why the second DesicionPoint doesn't work correct? What can I do to solve this problem?
Thanks
Tim
Attached Files
File Type: fsm BasicConveyor_Turning_Station_TSp.fsm (111.3 KB, 100 views)
Old 11-05-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Tim,

try something different. Use two basic conveyors. Each conveyor should contain only one decision point. The problem with conveyors is, that the furture events are created on entry. If you change the dimension or the rotation of items the conveyor won't change the already written events in the event list on its own. You must change them by yourself or you can use more conveyors to give flexsim the chance to calculate correct events on each following entry.

Joerg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Tim Splettstoesser (11-05-2012)
Old 11-05-2012
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

You can also use animations with an item. I've changed the TaskExecuterFlowItem in FlowItem Bin. The animation starts in OnEntry of the conveyor.

Please have a look

Greetings

Carsten
Attached Files
File Type: fsm animation_example.fsm (90.1 KB, 84 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Tim Splettstoesser (11-05-2012)
Old 11-05-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 4
Tim Splettstoesser is on a distinguished road

Thanks,
@ Jrg:
i think the solution with two conveyors is the best way to avoid the problem.

@ Carsten:
Your solution is very nice too, but i want to use the turningstation for items with different sizes. so every item needs its own specified animation.

best regards
Tim
Old 11-06-2012
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Splettstoesser View Post
... i want to use the turningstation for items with different sizes. so every item needs its own specified animation.
Each item has already his own animation. But you have to resize this animation (OnExit in Source in the new example). The animations are very powerful (thanks to the developers)

Nevertheless I think the solution of Joerg is the best for your problem.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm animation_example_2.fsm (90.0 KB, 79 views)

Tags
basicconveyor, decisionpoint

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BasicConveyor Tim Splettstoesser Q&A 2 09-21-2012 03:55 AM
a problem with basicconveyor oliver xie Q&A 3 09-12-2011 08:23 AM
the BasicConveyor problem LINWEIXU Q&A 3 06-10-2011 04:51 PM
conveyendtrigger on BasicConveyor Stephan Seidel Q&A 1 05-02-2011 09:27 AM
BasicConveyor stops too late? Steven Hamoen Q&A 3 04-20-2010 09:51 AM