ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-09-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
George Serhan is on a distinguished road
Default Where is the Near Clipping Plane

Hi,
In the previous version (5.__) there used to be "Other" tab under the "View Setting" popup. In version 6 I don't see it, Has it been moved to different location in the pull down window. What I'm looking for is the Near Clipping and Far Clipping planes under that tab to adjust the viewing size of an imported DXF image. I looked in the user manual for any info on that, but nothing is mentioned related to this subject.
Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 07-09-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

It's now calculated automatically based on the height and the viewing angle. The idea (I think) is so you can go down to the floor and see things at the millimetre scale.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
George Serhan (07-09-2012)
Old 07-09-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
George Serhan is on a distinguished road

I see, Thanks
Old 09-26-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Christian Norregaard will become famous soon enough

I am looking at near clipping as well.

I am starting up a new simulation, where I will be working with five different floors. What I would like is, that when the camera comes within a certain vertical distance of a given floor, it (the floor and all its content) disappears, making the floor below visible.

Can this be done in any way with the current version of Flexsim?
Old 09-26-2012
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

You can use the "Hide shape and contents at a distance" pick option in the Custom Draw trigger of the Visual Tool.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Christian Norregaard will become famous soon enough

Excellent, thanks - this was just what I was looking for.