ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-05-2015
Levente Csapo

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default Dynamically update operator's capacity

Hi everyone,

I hope one of you can help me out with this issue:
I have multiple item types in their own queues waiting to be picked up. I would like to define a quantity to be picked up for each different type, so when the operator arrives he picks the correct amount of items, and delivers it to the destination before he would pick anything else. Imagine you have trolleys, trays, loose parts etc. in you model and you would like to always carry a fixed amount from each type. (Like only 1 trolley at the time, but 5 trays or 20 loose items at once)
If I have only one operator I was able to rewrite the "maxcontent" at a network node upon arrival.
setvarnum(node("Operator13", model()), "maxcontent", xyz)
Unfortunately I can't use that code if I have multiple operator through a dispatcher, because I have to give the freedom to operators to go to any "source" in the model.

Could any one of you give me some hints or ideas how to get over this issue? I have attached a really simple model to show the one operator scenario, and I would like to add more operators under the dispatcher.

My other idea was to increase the capacity for all the operators to let's say 100, and release the items in batches. My problem with that is than the operator walks along all the possible sources and picks everything until his capacity is full. If I would be able to understand the task sequence logic and code, I probably could force the operators to finish one request first before he continues with the next one, but I don't know where could I get a good tutorial/training for this.

Thanks!
Levi
Attached Files
File Type: fsm OperatorCapacityTest.fsm (25.8 KB, 279 views)
Old 08-05-2015
Levente Csapo

Downloads: 3
Default Workaround (dirty)

Hi,

I just found a workaround. I leave the capacity of the operators at 1, but I put a combiner after every pick-up queue. Add transparent plane as container item and add as many of the required items onto as I want. Than at the unload it goes into a separator to remove the plane into a sink and put the items into their designated destination.

I know there is a much more elegant way, but as I wrote above currently I have to live with what I have.

Still if you have any tips please let me know.

Levi
Old 08-05-2015
Jing Chen

Downloads: 2

Hi Levi,

It is coincidence that I have consider about this issue recently. Now I modify your old model, and hope that helps.

4 modifications I have made.
1. Remove the code in OnArrival trigger of network;
2. Add a label to show different capacity of different items in OnEntry trigger of Queue;
3. Select "Same Itemtype" in BreakTo trigger of operators and Object queueing tasksequences is "inobject(current,1)"
4. Add a code in Onload trigger of operators to change the variables "maxcontent"
Attached Files
File Type: fsm OperatorCapacityTest_Jing.fsm (40.8 KB, 316 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jing Chen For This Useful Post:
Anna Lisa Dierking (08-06-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Capacity of Transporter Gutirallo Q&A 3 01-09-2012 12:22 PM
Continuous update Chieng Kai Seng Q&A 10 08-06-2011 09:51 AM
GUI Combo Box Update Chris Moon Q&A 3 04-14-2011 03:55 PM
Batch from Queue and capacity of operator Michael Pohl Q&A 3 05-18-2009 01:42 AM
Update Flexsim.com Lolke Koopmans Marketing and Sales Information 12 10-17-2008 02:09 PM