ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 04-10-2015
Raju Jampani

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Need help in programmatically increase operators and decrease process time

Hello everyone,

I looking for an options to achieve below scenario:

Default : Operator(s) - 1 ; ProcessTime : 300
Case 1 : Operators - 2 ; ProcessTime : 150
Case 2 : Operators - 3 ; ProcessTime : 100

I'm trying to decrease the ProcessTime based on number of operators working on that process. Dose anyone have any idea how to achieve that.

Thanks,
Raju
Old 04-10-2015
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Dear Ramu Jampani,

The attached is the sample model illustrating your requirement. However for doing this logic you don't have to write any code. I have just used the value by case option of process time in the processor, in which the case function becomes getvarnum(current,"nrofprocessoperators").The only thing you have to keep in mind is number of operators is a treenode variable, which you can check in the treenodes of the processor.

Furthermore, you can set different process times for different number of operators, as per your requirement.I hope this solution helps you if not ignore this post.

Regards,

Arun KR
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Operators_AKR.fsm (36.4 KB, 431 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (04-11-2015)
Old 04-10-2015
Raju Jampani

Downloads: 0

Hey Arun,

Thank you, That is what I'm looking for..

Tags
7.5.2, operators, processing time, programming

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Obtain total travel programmatically Shahin Gelareh Q&A 2 03-08-2012 01:53 PM
Modify process time based on number of operators naren nataraj Q&A 4 02-23-2012 09:33 AM
How to set the process time ...? Steffen Hainke Q&A 3 08-24-2011 03:35 AM
How to process with 2 processors at the same time wilmermoncada Q&A 2 11-25-2009 08:34 AM
operators working together to decrease process time Alex Christensen Tips and Tricks 4 07-14-2008 09:22 AM